• Six to seven years

Votes: 8 1.9%
  • Seven to eight years

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Older than eight years

Votes: 9 2.1%

• Total voters
Soldato
My Apple iPhone 11 64GB will be 4 years old in May... I have no desire to change as it still works perfectly - only issue is with usb socket - its not as tight a fit as it used to be - I use it in the car for Sat Nav and audio books and I guess the regular unplugging and reconnecting has taken its toll...

Soldato
My Pixel 6 battery swelled up causing the screen to come away from the case at the top right corner.... Replaced with a Pixel 8 fro the MM (sealed BNIB)

I had planned to keep the 6 for at least 3 years. I plan on doing the same with the 8 - might even keep it longer as you get 7 years of security and OS updates with the Pixel 8 (so Android 20 and Pixel 15)

Smartphones have pretty much peaked these days so nothing really to "upgrade" to.

Soldato
About 18 months (pixel 7 pro). Will probably keep it until battery dies as it ticks all the boxes for me (unless the pixel 9 pro has a significantly improved camera)

Associate
My S21 Ultra is 3 years old now and honestly can't see a real reason to upgrade to S24. Guess I'll wait another year...

Associate
There's no reason to upgrade phone hardware these days unless it's busted or the battery is too fatigued.
Exactly. Luckily, my battery seems to be holding up really well, not noticed much degradation at all! My previous S10 really struggled after 2 years of use.

Soldato
Honor V10,Released in 2018 and still going strong (although battery life is suffering now)

Been a great phone,Although like many companies now greed comes into play and their phones are no longer decently priced.

so im a bit stuck atm on what to upgrade to next.

Last edited:
Soldato
Xiaomi Mi 11 CN version was cheaper which I flashed EU rom, close to 3 years now was gonna upgrade battery degraded would only last early evening so decided to replace the battery now lasts to bedtime , was close to buying the Oneplus 12 CN version flashed with oxygen the battery life with recent phones is so much better now with bigger batteries and screen dropping down to 1hz gonna hold out another year trying to get noticable difference as possible when switching

Last edited:
Associate
Pixel 5 still going strong though will update this year as no longer getting security fixes but will be passed down to family as spare phone or for the photos it takes using that Pixel magic.

Associate
I had my iPhone SE 2020 for just under 4 years but the battery was knackered was just about to get the battery replaced when I dropped it and cracked the screen. Now got a week old iPhone 14 than I managed to get for cheap, expecting it to last at least 4 years again

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom