How quickly did you get bored of you car/cars?

Caporegime
Apart from get a petrol 5 Series rather than one with a rattling taxi engine in it :p a nice car like that should have a refined quiet petrol engine.
Given your dislike for diesels I was shocked when I seen your motor in the "show us your motors thread" replacing a diesel with another diesel! Sounds like somebody's loving those mega mpgzzzz :D

Drive an f10 530d and you'll soon discover that apart from when starting from cold it is the refined quiet engine you'd expect in such a car but with mpgzzzz as an added bonus, the torque makes it effortlessly waftable, tbh the diesel actually makes more sense than a petrol.

As for getting bored or not, depends on what it is.

I wasn't bored of my e39 530 and had it not died I'd probably still have it, wasn't bored of my old e38 either but that was sold for a non car related reason.

My current Corsa DTi bores me looking at it but it can be fun to hurl around after a night in an articulated truck (so I keep telling myself!) it's a cheap hack to run around in and I still am so it must be doing something right - when I get my weekend toy (read caravan tower) I'm intending to keep it for my daily abuser.

I'm after another e38 still, I loved my old 728i but it didn't have the grin factor of the 740 V8, I like older BMW's (a good e38 will cost more than the technically better but hideous to look at e65)

Would love an e39 M5 as my toy but can't afford one I'd want to own.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Apart from get a petrol 5 Series rather than one with a rattling taxi engine in it :p a nice car like that should have a refined quiet petrol engine.
Given your dislike for diesels I was shocked when I seen your motor in the "show us your motors thread" replacing a diesel with another diesel! Sounds like somebody's loving those mega mpgzzzz :D

It is a genuinely brilliant engine and the additional refinement of the LCI model takes it another step forwards. It's pretty much almost at the point where you 'can't tell'. Not quite, but almost. It's smooth, refined and quiet and the performance is absolutely excellent.

Plus with start-stop it shuts up and goes away at the lights, too :D

Associate
I bought an E30 3 Series about 10 months ago and I going to sell it this autumn. Main reason being due to high insurance it HAS to be my daily and it's not fair on an old car like that.

It felt very fast at first but it's very slow now I'm used to it :p

Caporegime
Was hoping it wouldn't be grey again. Does look a fair bit better though, I think the main difference I'm noticing is the wheels. They're really nice. Wasn't a fan of the ones on your old one. Any extra spec, or was it just for the bumpers and the M badges? (and suspension, I think?) :p

Soldato
I used to get bored of cars a month after I owned them. But since I bought my e46 330i it's a car which ticks all the boxes for me. The only downside to it is mpg but that's something I can live with.

Soldato
I've had too many cars in the past, without having really valid reasons for changing other than "bored, but I don't know why, innit".

The Mrs has said that I can change the Audi S1 since it is incredibly impractical, but whatever I buy has to be on the driveway for at least 5 years. If I even comment on another car, she'll murder me. I actually can't argue with her on this point :)

Man of Honour
Was hoping it wouldn't be grey again. Does look a fair bit better though, I think the main difference I'm noticing is the wheels. They're really nice. Wasn't a fan of the ones on your old one. Any extra spec, or was it just for the bumpers and the M badges? (and suspension, I think?) :p

It's the only colour I like on the F10, the selection is really limiting. The colours are either a bit weird, too dark or... white. Shame Estoril Blue wasn't available.

Over my other one it has NBT iDrive, DAB radio, Harmon Kardon stereo, sun protection glass, M Sport package (suspension, bodykit, steering wheel, already had the seats/headlining before), full black panel display, tyre pressure monitor and a few other random improvements from the facelift inc the newer engine.

Soldato
Never I suppose. Got rid of my first one because it got crashed, second one because it got rotten, third one because it was getting in a state and I had the opportunity to get into an S15 which I'd wanted for years. Still got that one and for the most part still love it. Bought a Lexus GS banger to keep the miles/salt off the Nissan and still got that too. Wasn't sure if I would gel with it as I'd never a huge automatic barge before but turns out I love it, serves it's purpose. It's a bit of a shed though so I might look at getting a replacement next year. Was going to replace it this year but then brexit ****ed our currency so I blew some cash on making the Nissan faster instead.

Man of Honour
Great colour Carbon bluack

79b2b14f_zps12bc0aca.jpg

Man of Honour
Active ride?

Nope - passive.

Could never make up my mind whether I wanted it or not anyway. You need Adaptive Drive or nothing because VDC on its own isn't good, a couple of times cars with it appeared but usually ended up selling before they even had pictures to put up. I couldn't decide whether it was a must have or a must avoid - better ride/handling combination versus £1k a corner dampers and higher ride height and ultimately decided if one came up with it great, if one came up without it, also great.

I have driven cars with it fitted and it's excellent but frankly so too is the passive M Sport suspension - much better body control than the SE suspension with limited degradation of ride quality.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom