How secure is iCloud ?

Soldato
As title - I have recently switched to an Apple ecosystem and always used dropbox to keep my documents and business documents in - always handy to have them backed up and and accessible and never had any issues, however as another backup I was thinking of copying my stuff to my icloud account as well - is this fairly secure? I heard its not encrypted etc?

Man of Honour
It's probably not as bad as I make it sound, but I just don't trust them. Same reason I'm moving all my email away from Google.

Soldato
It's probably not as bad as I make it sound, but I just don't trust them. Same reason I'm moving all my email away from Google.

I think people are overly paranoid about these things. I would be quite happy for anyone to see my emails - e.g. can you get some bread and milk while you're out, oh and some bananas.
:)

Associate
You also should enable two step verification so that you have to put in a 4 (or 6?) digit code for web access which is displayed on your iPad/iPod/iPhone.
Yes, that's it, you have to enable the security to send a message to your iPhone, 4 digits, every time someone is connected to iCloud and is not your device, is going to send you to your phone a code which you have to write down in the computer.

Soldato
Well just make sure you’re not using iCloud in China

I believe iCloud is being taken over by a Chinese company, or even a government company? So it definitely won’t be safe if you’re in China. Not sure if that applies to many on here mind.

Back
Top Bottom