1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How tight are case/GPU tolerances?

Discussion in 'Case Central' started by vvalter, May 17, 2018.

1. vvalter

Gangster

I have a Kolink Satellite case (love it) and I'm looking to buy a GPU, probably a 1050ti. I'd like one with two fans, however don't have a lot of space in my case due to the big PSU I used.

The Gigabyte GV-N105TOC-4GD is 191mm long, clearance for the GPU, according to overclockers shop, is 190mm.

Any chance this is going to fit? Withouth a hammer?

2. GinG

Soldato

If it was the other way around as in a 1mm clearance to fit I would chance it...being 1mm too big then I think it would be too much risk.

3. LePhuronn

Wise Guy

Get a tape measure and see for yourself. I've found that most cases are pretty much exact when it comes to measurements, but the cheapo stuff like Kolink might be another matter.

4. Hotwired

Soldato

If it really is 1mm and you really want that combo then a dremel is the answer.

Hammer might have been a joke but if it's a very small difference then bending with some pliers could do it.

5. t31os

Mobster

Might have to consider a single fan card or changing to a PSU that doesn't consume as much space, if the PSU is indeed what's preventing clearance you're not going to fix that with a hammer.

6. vvalter

Gangster

Yeah, I think I don't want to risk it. I'm not going to cut holes in my PSU and don't really want to replace it. If anything I feel like that's probably the one component that's going to outlive the rest of the hardware.

I guess if I can't take these tolerances with a grain of salt, I'll just get a single fan card, and maybe mod the side panel so I can put a 120 or 140mm fan as an extra intake.

7. Habakkuk

Wise Guy

The measurements are likely to be minimums - they are far more likely to overlap than cancel out.