How to build custom LC when case can be tilt any way?

Associate
Hi. I plan to make custom case using 3d printer with custom LC, but there are problems. One of the features of this case will be that it can be moved/tilt in any way (upside down, on side etc.).

So the problem will be air in reservoir and pump as:
In essence, I'm not sure it can be done. A pump will usually work tilted most ways except totally upside down. That said, it's worth starting a thread to discuss it. Lots of people will offer useful information :)

Can anyone give me any advice how to solve these problems?
Simple filling it to the brim is not ideal solution.

Edit:
Reservoir most likely will be built as I don't think that any ready made will fulfil my needs.

Soldato
D5 and DDC pumps can be used upside down there are many bay reservoirs that do this. I imagine you should be fine if you spend the extra time bleeding the loop to make sure there aren't any air bubbles.

edit: just a thought but have the pump near the centre of your build. That way any potential bubbles will travel to the highest point, away from the pump ?

Soldato
Surely the benefits of doing that are very small, you could just mount the pump in a way that will work when it’s stood up and led flat? What are the benefits of flipping the case upside down when it would be the same orientation just flipped over?

Soldato
Don't use a reservoir?
Use distro plate/tank
As long as the pump is in
The centre of the distro it should
Always have liquid
Regardless of orientation
I would think
Perhaps you may need to use
Pressure to get all the air out?
Ie some sort of nipple
And put the coolant in with a
Large syringe
Use a pressure release valve
To let the air out while doing it

Soldato
don't use a DDC or D5, use a submerged pump in the res. then you can make a res whatever size you want, put the pump inside it and have the reservoir central in your starship. no matter which way the water drains when you move the starship, the res should remain full.

Back
Top Bottom