How to claim hiper type r warranty

Associate
How to claim hiper type r warranty, PSU NOW WORKING!

My hiper type-r 580W psu has just died on me, I bought it recently off MM and it still is under the 3 year warranty. How do I claim the warranty? Will I need an original receipt?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Personally, I'd just be glad its gone and buy something that isn't a Hiper. Infact that is EXACTLY what I did, decided that it was pointless getting a replacement, as it would still be useless.

Associate
OP
is there a way to do this without a small length of wire?

Also guys just to make sure, when you're Hiper Type R is plugged in and the switch at the back is turned on, the power switch is lighted up orange right? It stays lit up orange no matter whether the pc is turnt on or not.

Mine PSU power switch does not light up orange what so ever.

Associate
I've had two of these. The first one blew up with a loud shorting noise and smell of burning! The second has, so far at least, been fine.

Soldato
to return it:

1) if it is under 1 year old then contact the store you purchased it from and they will deal with it

2) if it has been more than 1 year since purchase then contact hiper and they will deal with it directly.

daven

Caporegime
MichaelHo said:
My hiper type-r 580W psu has just died on me, I bought it recently off MM and it still is under the 3 year warranty. How do I claim the warranty? Will I need an original receipt?

Thanks.
they must be a really bad unit, my young nephew just had his second hyper go boom today

Associate
OP
WEIRD!!

My psu is working now :s
I swapped the fuse with another plug (same 3A) and now the psu is booting up again and the monitor (which now have the psu fuse) is also working.
Crazyness.

dun

dun

Soldato
paradigm said:
Personally, I'd just be glad its gone and buy something that isn't a Hiper. Infact that is EXACTLY what I did, decided that it was pointless getting a replacement, as it would still be useless.

Same.

Associate
paradigm said:

That's exactly what I did a few months ago when my Hiper died :) .

Back
Top Bottom