How to connect Android TV, Hisense TV, and Samsung Q930d soundbar? & Fire stick vs cube vs Shield Pro

Associate
Hey as per title

Got a Hisense 100U7KQTUK, and a Samsung Q930D system coming next month. Not hugely experienced with soundbar setups.

Soundbar will be connected to TV via the HDMI 2.1eARC port.

Question is where do I connect the android TV device? Still deciding whether to get a fire stick 4k pro max, fire cube, or nvidia shield pro. But regardless, should it be plugged directly into the TV or into the soundbar?

Use will be YouTube, IPTV, and plex streaming from the NAS of high quality high bitrate files.

Question 2, what device would you recommend for the above?

I know that with recent software updates the fire cube has the same audio support for dolby stuff as the shield pro. Im worried that the shield pro 2019 is so old now but people still say its the best for plex. I don't want an apple tv 4k as it's too locked down for me and I need sideloaded ad free YouTube. Upscaling is important to me for a 100 inch TV.

The Firestick or whatever you get should be plugged into the TV, the soundbar via eARC as you've already established.

You'll also have the TV's built in APP, if you do get a Firestick make sure it's the 4K version.

I'd also recommend paying the extra to get the delivery guys to set the TV up for you, or have your least clumsy mate come around to help at the least. That's a hell of a big screen, and while it's not a bad choice for the size I've seen the U7 in person and it's not the most robustly built thing in the world, it'd be very easy to break it while putting it on a stand or mounting it to the wall.

would say firestick would struggle, if files on nas 20+gb. shield is old, still gets updates. great device, easy to set up for nas.
can watch 100gb+ files great

Back
Top Bottom