How to create a user login and profile system

Associate
Here is another thread from me.....

I have an idea for a site, basically it would allow the user to register, record a short video and upload it to a user profile page. I would like to create this from scratch as I want to be in full control of the site and at the same time learn as I go.

So my question in this thread is to ask how best to learn how to create a simple user login system that creates a profile for that user, I suppose like a very basic Facebook. It would let me learn the principles of mySQL and PHP.

If you have any good resources, books, links to YouTube etc would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks for the link

Whats wrong with saying "a basic FaceBook" as that is the best way to describe it, a very very basic sign up/login and you have a profile with a video on it (that you recorded during the signing up phase).

Sorry I was being mean, good luck.

My advice who be to plan in advance! So you are not stuck down the road desperately trying to hack your code up to get a feature in which you have left out.

You do understand what a mammoth task this is, right?

Not sure how. It's a reasonably straight forward PHP MySQL frontend with a file upload section (Uploadify) and a video player (jPlayer etc).
If you want to get creative (server video conversion, flash/HTML5 webcam recording) then you can but the basics of it are just that.

DezUk - My advice is make sure you have the database schema mapped out beforehand and have a good read of normalisation; will help you in the long run.

Not sure how. It's a reasonably straight forward PHP MySQL frontend with a file upload section (Uploadify) and a video player (jPlayer etc).
If you want to get creative (server video conversion, flash/HTML5 webcam recording) then you can but the basics of it are just that.

DezUk - My advice is make sure you have the database schema mapped out beforehand and have a good read of normalisation; will help you in the long run.
He wants to do it all from scratch, not using Uploadify or jplayer on top of that add a social media element. It is not simple.

Back
Top Bottom