How to delete MS account from Windows 8.1

Associate
To do this simply go to your Settings menu, click on Change PC Settings, then select Accounts. Now, choose your Microsoft account from the list and click the Disconnect link under your name and email address. Then verify your account by inputting your password once Windowsprompts you.

Any help?

Soldato
OP
To do this simply go to your Settings menu, click on Change PC Settings, then select Accounts. Now, choose your Microsoft account from the list and click the Disconnect link under your name and email address. Then verify your account by inputting your password once Windowsprompts you.

Any help?

Yes thanks for those steps. They are the right steps to remove an account but the thing is I've never connected my outlook account in the first place. My account is a local account. I only ever sign in to outlook in chrome, never signed in through windows itself or any app never used any metro app and have uninstalled most of them.

But the thing is when I go to anything in metro which requires sign in, it's got my email address stored, and it tell's me to re-enter my password.

Anyway I've had a look in credential manager and my account has magically stored itself there for whatever reason, so I've deleted it but might need a restart to make it work.

Associate
I think windows 8/10 requires you to sync your email account for signing in purposes Ie like when you turn on your laptop you are asked to use that password. Maybe if you disable log in password/pin? Might work that way?

Back
Top Bottom