how To Put together this Rig

Soldato
addy_010 said:
I will probably be installing a not so legal version of windows ME. Other then the legal cases is this just like installing a normal one, or would i need another windows installed first, then install ME?

thanks in advance

1) your not allowed to talk about pirate software on these here forums..

2) very nice spec, will be a sweet pc.

3) take your time

4) take your time

5) take your time..

Associate
Stellios said:
Never used one in over 10 years, never had any bother at all, just touch a metal part of the case or something metal to gorund yourself before you pick up components.
Agreed, been building PC's for Ummm 15+ without a problem or wrist strap.

Oh and these days OS's are that cheap just buy a copy of XP Pro and you'll be all set :). Heck ME probably doesn't support that hardware anyway so you really do need a copy of XP.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Stellios said:
Check you have your power lines your your graphics card in, ive seen a few people forget that.

:o

Spent an hour pulling out bits (and my hair) trying to find out what was wrong with my last build until I noticed the card wasn't plugged in - noob.

A couple of points not mentioned that I always find handy.

Leave everything in it's bag/box until you need to install it, there's less chance of it getting damaged if it's still in the box. I know it's tempting to get everything out and have it lying around all shiny and expensive on the table but it's safer to keep it covered (obviously you need to check things for damage as soon as you get them but put them back afterwards).

Also, make sure the GFX card is seated properly - if it's not, you'll get nowhere.

If using the retail heatsink, take your time, they're bloody awkward to fit - especially if you've got big hands. Try not to smudge the thermal gunk.

Most importantly - enjoy it and if you're having problems just ask, most of us will have made any mistakes you might make.

Good luck

Stan :)

PS: Nice spec.

Permabanned
Remember too always always, ask us :D ... and the anti static wrist strap is a must... I remember someone elses unfortunes... whilst without one :D

Soldato
sjohal2006 said:
Remember too always always, ask us :D ... and the anti static wrist strap is a must... I remember someone elses unfortunes... whilst without one :D

never used a strap and never had a problem , as many people on the forums.

imo , waste of time...

Back
Top Bottom