• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How to recover a card from a bad bio flash

Associate
Awhile ago (a year tbh) i flashed a Powercooler 4870 to a newer bios version but it failed close to the end but i could not recover it so i put it away and went back to my 4850 crossfire setup, so here i am with a dead 4870 which just needs a new bios to worked again but i have no clue in where to start.

I am using a 4670 which was used in my media centre awhile ago, i've been reading up that i could put the 4870 in the 2nd pci slot and recover it that way, i have no clue where to start and what programs i need to be used, i have got the bios to use for the flash so i just need your help and guidelines on how to flash the card.

Last edited:
Soldato
stick your 4670 into the pci express slot closest to the cpu.
stick your dead 4870 into pci express slot 2

boot into windows and get some tools that will let you go into pure dos
get atiflash aswell and the bios for your card.

boot into dos and type

atiflash -i

it will tell you what cards are in your system and device ids aswell as what pci express port each card is on being 0 or 1

then once you get that information type

atiflash -f -p 0 bios.rom

then flash away :) the 0 could be a 1 so check like i said with the ati flash -i command.

Associate
OP
Question

Does anyone know who can repair's gfx cards from a bad bios flash (Sapphire 4870 512mb), like a company or a friendly forum member because i have tryed before but i always get lost in the process so can anyone point me in the right direction.

Associate
I can understand you being a little apprehensive about flashing the BIOS Mr Fantastic, especially after your first attempt going bad on you but you could at least have the decency to thank 'ViRuS2k' for going to the trouble of giving detailed, easy to follow instructions. You have not even acknowledged his post to your request for help. :(

Back
Top Bottom