How to reinstal windows 10 without losing any data, progs, games, emails, etc.?

Soldato
As title. I've had a prob with booting up the pc, I get the "bad windows config info" screen on start up and after 3 attempts to boot, it goes to repair options, all of which I've tried including command prompt which shows the message "insufficient system memory available to perform tasks" and all attempts result n the message "unable to find specific path".
Now, the pc will eventually get into windows and works perfectly once there, its just I can't do any reboots or restarts 'cos it'll just go to the blue screen and the whole repair malarkey starts again, and after mucho faffing around, its eventually boots up fine again.
So..this means to me a re-install is needed which should cure the probs, BUT, I really couldn't face a total clean install due to the data (emails, games, progs etc) that would have to be re-installed as well.
I'd like to do a reinstall so when its completed, the pc is in exactly the same state it was in before the problems started.
I'm looking at booting from a usb drive that has the windows media tool on it, but instead of selecting install windows, select "repair windows" and selecting the keep all files and data, etc. I've seen on the interweb that this is a viable option, but I'd like to confirm it with some of the experts here.
Opinions/suggestions welcome.

Back
Top Bottom