How to remove DELAYED sectors on HDD

Associate
Hello, recently a friend was gifted to me 5 different old hard drives, and I decided to scan them with the HD REGENERATOR program, but one of them SEA GATE 40 GB turned out to have 3 DELAYED sectors. I tried to fix them by use setting the REGENATE ALL SECTORS option, but still these DELAYED sectors are still there. I tried with other programs like VICTORIA but this program brought out even more errors and defects. Then I also tried with HDAT2, but there the results were that the hard drive is clean without any errors.

After a lot of reading on the internet, for weeks, I came across your forum. I've been trying different options with MHDD for almost a month now, carefully reading the entire manual, and then trying everything step by step with the ERASE, then ERASE DELAYES, then REMAPPING options. I ran another scan with HD REGENERATOR, but again those DELAYED sectors are still there! How can I remove these DELAYED sectors? Please someone with more experience help. Thanks in advance!

P.S.
I specify that, I tested these programs under pure DOS, no Windows! I even start MHDD with BIOS off so it can work directly with the hard disk controller!

Back
Top Bottom