How to split audio between front and rear panel

Associate
is there software that allows me to easily select which program to output through the front panel audio jack and which program to output to the rear motherboard panel?
- the motherboard is the Asus P8Z77-V, it has built in functionality which is supposed to make it able to output two differnet sounds through the differnet ports, but it is not very intuitive.

I'm wondering if there is a better and easier to use free-software solution.

any help much appreciated!!

Associate
I don't know of a software that controls this for all softwares on the computer but I do use this functionality. I have manually selected the audio device for splayer and MPC which I use to play movies etc. It remembers the device even after I exit so I don't have to set it again.

Associate
OP
I don't know of a software that controls this for all softwares on the computer but I do use this functionality. I have manually selected the audio device for splayer and MPC which I use to play movies etc. It remembers the device even after I exit so I don't have to set it again.

Thanks for the reply mate.
I have enabled the option to have 2 different outputs from the front and back, but how do i select which program outputs where?

Associate
Both splayer and MPC have the ability to output to whichever channel you want.
Right click in center of main window (where the video plays) >> audio>> output to >>select front/back

Associate
OP
thanks buddy! i have downloaded splayer and it is actually very nice. i much prefer it to wmp.

if you happen to find a program that can control all programes (mainly firefox and a game), let me know :)

Associate
Hmm, I know a mac program named ifunia audio converter can split audios, but don't know a program can select which program to output through the front panel audio.
Seems splayer can do some nice work for you, maybe you could wait some more and someone share a nice program that can control all programs.
I would like to know too. :)

Back
Top Bottom