• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How to stop condensation with phase

Associate
First off i am using a vapochill PE phase system. I hav'nt had this set up too long but every week or so i have to take out the cpu and wipe the back of it (where the pins from the motherboard touch the cpu) because of condensation build up. :rolleyes:

Is there any soloution to this as i am getting a little bit annoyed :mad: with it now and if there's nothing i can do about it i am thinking about going back to water

Any help would be much appreciated

Caporegime
Did you grease the mobo and inside the socket with dielectric grease?

If you have an air tight seal around the cpu and head then condensation should not be a problem.

Soldato
I don't know much about the PE, but do and did you seal the evap with sealstring. As has been said, the only reason for condensation is that the evap seal is not sealed properly. Personally the only seal i use is an armourflex dounut around the evap and i've never had condensation(yet).

Associate
OP
I took the computer apart this morning as i am waiting on a new board that is coming today (my evga died after flashing the bios to p28) the the foamy stuff on the end of the evap head is in a bit of a state now and that i think is the problem, on way is it air tight! I will knock up something for today, but i am back at work tomorrow and i did notice that theres some armourflex lying about at work that was left by some people who where installing new refridgeration pipes, so i will have to borrow some :D

Back
Top Bottom