how to tame 3 Delta 120mm fans?

Associate
hi, i have 3 delta fans that i want to rig up to my pa120.3, problem is they make way to much noise so i need to back the voltage down a bit i tryed a fan controller with 2 of them and it started to get really hot and smoked the controller.
what the best way to tame the deltas?

Associate
romper76 said:
hi, i have 3 delta fans that i want to rig up to my pa120.3, problem is they make way to much noise so i need to back the voltage down a bit i tryed a fan controller with 2 of them and it started to get really hot and smoked the controller.
what the best way to tame the deltas?

I'll be impressed if you can make Deltas quiet, I've 5v modded a few performance fans and they all 'click' lots. Best to buy quiet fans to start with. I'd flog the deltas and get some yate loons.

Soldato
Chris Beard said:
I'll be impressed if you can make Deltas quiet, I've 5v modded a few performance fans and they all 'click' lots. Best to buy quiet fans to start with. I'd flog the deltas and get some yate loons.
Yate Loons any good for cooling though? If I remember right I seen the around 45 CFM with 28 dbA.

Associate
Most watercooling radiators are designed for low CFM fans, high CFM fans try to force too much air through which means you end up with a lot of wind noise.

I can get away with no fans at all on mine though I usually keep them at 20% speed, I can put them up too 100% but then they get noisy cause there forcing to much air through.

Associate
flibby said:
Yate Loons any good for cooling though? If I remember right I seen the around 45 CFM with 28 dbA.

Yate loons are the only fans with accurate stats. They do actually push 45CFM at 28 dba. This means you can get 25CFM and silence. You don't actually need that much air flow as everyone else keeps saying. Even on my air cooling the difference between 120CFM and aprox 30CFM is about 5 degrees on TAT. With water I image it'd be even less pronounced than that.

Associate
Chris Beard said:
Yate loons are the only fans with accurate stats. They do actually push 45CFM at 28 dba. This means you can get 25CFM and silence. You don't actually need that much air flow as everyone else keeps saying. Even on my air cooling the difference between 120CFM and aprox 30CFM is about 5 degrees on TAT. With water I image it'd be even less pronounced than that.

Difference between 20% and 100% = 2°C for me :)

Back
Top Bottom