How unlucky am I: scumbag keyed my motor :-(

JKD

JKD

Associate
Well I guess it had to happen sometime, some scumbag's keyed the rear passenger door on my week old Civic whilst I was in work. It's not down to the metal but it's still about 18 inches long and is too deep to T-Cut out. Anyone got any idea how much this will cost to get repaired?

I've never had a car deliberately keyed in almost 15 years (though plenty of car park door dings). Gutted.

We've all said it before on this forum: why do people do this? It can't even of been as enjoyable as slashing a tyre!

Soldato
im unsure on the cost mate, but that really does suck. Any idea who might of done it? Or just a random attack?
Get a photo of it for us! :(

Associate
Im guessing they were jealous, my dad had something similar back in 98 with his Golf Gti, couple of weeks after he had got it, 3 lovely scratches right down the side :(.

JKD

JKD

Associate
OP
Andr3w said:
im unsure on the cost mate, but that really does suck. Any idea who might of done it? Or just a random attack?
Get a photo of it for us! :(

Just random I think (well I hope anyway). Pics after I've come back from a friend's wedding (if I still have the capability to type that is !

Associate
This type of thing really annoys me, more so than people who accidently damage your car and drive off without a bye or leave (had this happen to me a couple of times living down a main road, door mirror smashed off kind of thing) I mean what goes through a persons head that they think its acceptable to damage someone elses property.

Soldato
Gutted for you :(

What i do not understand is why they do it ? We had our C3 keyed when it was pretty new, hardly a car to be jealous of ! Mind the wife has added more scratches so i guess it blends into the urban camo now.

My other car got keyed within a month of having it, all the way down one side. Neither at my house :(

Associate
Sorry to hear that, it really is one of the most frustrating feelings. Mine has been done 3 times now :( I’m passed the point of trying to get it fixed as it will no doubt happen again.

Soldato
Total uter scumbags.

It just seems to happen all the time on very new cars.

It happened on my 'rents first new Clio 6 years ago. Before that they had old Astra's which didnt get touched. Iirc about a week or 2 after they bought the new Clio someone had put a nice scratch down the passenger door.

I just cant see the point of people doing it tbh.

Soldato
That looks like it might just be in the clearcoat, in which case it might polish out with a rotary. See if you can find a professional detailer in your area who can take a look at it before you consider a respray.

Caporegime
Slam62 said:
Crikey a week old!!

that's bad, some people are really mean :( :(

A week or 10 years old, its still a crime that should go punished... (cheesewire & genitals springs to mind....)

Unlucky man.

Enfield said:
Feel for you mate, had my car keyed the day after I got it :(

On the plus point, obviously I'm estimating based on the image, but thankfully I think that'll polish out. :)

Caporegime
Soldato
Oh right sorry mate. Didn't see this image but I think that should polish out, it will certainly look less noticeable with it being a silver car in all.

Soldato
Unlucky mate. Definately feel for you, we woke up to find some SOB had decided to remove my drivers wingmirror for the sheer hell of it. Probably some peed up youngster on his way home from across the way TBH, so glad I volunteer my free time to help out with the local council on behalf of the youth :rolleyes:
Its not like they can even use it on another car as they just smashed it to pieces.
Why they pick mine? They're where plenty of other cars which wouldn't have needed as big a diversion to get to from the main drag through our estate.
Gah!

Back
Top Bottom