How would you feel about this?

Soldato
"Hello, sorry to trouble you but I'm a doctor and couldn't help but notice xyz. I really think you should get it checked out."

I'd be very grateful, personally.

I'm concerned that you're even thinking twice about it tbh... is this another, "say nothing to avoid getting sued" thing they teach you? :(

Soldato
OP
NHS or private?

Its not really relevant but NHS, consultants (which I am not) generally do both NHS and Private work not normally one or the other.

I'd be shocked if you didn't mention it, tbh (making clear you're a medical professional/doctor, and not just a lay person). Although I'd hope it'd be done with tact... so a quiet word, rather than talking in a queue and having loads of people hear. Anyone rational would take that reasonably well.

Its easier said than done when you try and pull a 20 to 30 year old woman to the side in a supermarket to have a quiet conversation with her;)

I'm concerned that you're even thinking twice about it tbh... is this another, "say nothing to avoid getting sued" thing they teach you? :(

As I said before, Its not that I needed advice here on what to do. I was just wondering how people would generally feel if someone came upto them and offered advice without asking.

Soldato
!
As I said before, Its not that I needed advice here on what to do. I was just wondering how people would generally feel if someone came upto them and offered advice without asking.

Doctors/consultants are probably the most respected people in society IMO. I'd not worry at all.

The only person likely to tell you to mind your own business is a scummy Chav type.

Last edited:
Soldato
Would depend entirely on how you approached me. I wouldn't want other people overhearing, so you'd have to get me alone but you can't touch me yet. I'd be wearing my bikini so I'm quite vulnerable.

Dr House is typing..

Associate
I work in the NHS, but I was walking down a corridor one day when an Ex-physio girl said to me I had a problem based on her observation of how I used my feet whilst walking down the corridor. I took her advice and saw my doctor, who referred me to our physio dept, who found I have one leg shorter than the other, and a collapsed arch. Roll on the years, I've had lots of pain, problems with my back and hip, and inserts made by our orthotics dept, but so much less than I would have had she not pointed out that I was walking in such a way as to compensate for my issues.

I am glad she just told me what she saw, got me help much earlier than I would have, had I even myself.

Soldato
OP
I'm in Malta too, feel free to have a look at my moles :p

If you are a attractive female (24 to 35) feel free to swing by the Kempinski :D

I work in the NHS, but I was walking down a corridor one day when an Ex-physio girl said to me I had a problem based on her observation of how I used my feet whilst walking down the corridor. I took her advice and saw my doctor, who referred me to our physio dept, who found I have one leg shorter than the other, and a collapsed arch. Roll on the years, I've had lots of pain, problems with my back and hip, and inserts made by our orthotics dept, but so much less than I would have had she not pointed out that I was walking in such a way as to compensate for my issues.

I am glad she just told me what she saw, got me help much earlier than I would have, had I even myself.

That reminds me I should really go and see my GP about my doggy feet also

Associate
If you are a attractive female (24 to 35) feel free to swing by the Kempinski :D

That reminds me I should really go and see my GP about my doggy feet also

I have size 12 feet which is part o the problem relative to my body size, they are constantly referred to as flippers by my GF lol

Sgarrista
Commissario
I was actually going to post a thread regarding feet also today weird.

(Not a medical here im seeing my doctor)

Long story short: Ive had knee pain for years, but recent MRI, CT and ultrasound all show my knee is completely fine.

I was wondering if something in my foot or ankle could actually be to blame instead and wonder if anyones heard of, or experienced similar...

Back
Top Bottom