How would you feel about this?

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
What exactly was suspicious about it? I have a couple on my back that I just can't ever see so have no idea if they look suspicious or not.

Soldato
OP
What exactly was suspicious about it? I have a couple on my back that I just can't ever see so have no idea if they look suspicious or not.

Im not giving specifc medical advice here but I think its ok to point out the things that should make you worry.

Size over 6mm
Color changes or inconstant color
ANY Pain from it
Bleeding or Scabbing
Blurred Boarder
Asymmetry

google it, there is lots of info out there.

Soldato
I'd be more than grateful if a doctor did the same for me.

If it was me having to advise someone in your situation, I'd wait until I could mention it to them discreetly and play it down, something along the lines of "I don't mean to startle you and its purely precautionary so must likely nothing, but...."

Man of Honour
Seeing as you already told her, all I can say is well done for doing it, I can understand why people would find it a little difficult perhaps, but you did the right thing in my opinion.

Associate
Well done for telling the individual, Always better as yes some people may worry and have the holiday ruined but at least they can get it checked out and stay healthy

As long as it was done tactfully I am sure it would be fine.

Basically, not shouting across the supermarket: "Oi you there, that ugly mole on your back looks like cancer. Get it sorted! By the way I am a Doctor". But I am sure you did not do that.

Permabanned
As long as it was done tactfully I am sure it would be fine.

Basically, not shouting across the supermarket: "Oi you there, that ugly mole on your back looks like cancer. Get it sorted! By the way I am a Doctor". But I am sure you did not do that.
I've come across a doctor or two for whom that would be their idea of "tactfully". One in particular so lacking in social graces that he could start a fight in a bar just by driving past in his car. He gets away with it, however, because he is so very, very, very good at what he does. More than a couple of times I've felt that planting a haymaker on him at a party. He seems to have no idea of how socially inappropriate he can be. I would put quite a bit of money on a full psychological work-up on him making illuminating reading.

But if I ever had need of a doctor (surgeon) in his field, he'd be number 1 on my list of choices.

Back
Top Bottom