Poll: How would you vote in a referendum to abolish the monarchy?

Would you get rid of the monarchy?

• Abolish the monarchy

Votes: 326 30.5%
  • Keep the monarchy

Votes: 743 69.5%

• Total voters
Associate
How would you vote in a referendum to remove absolutely all legislative power and influence that the monarchy holds and for the removal of the monarch as the head of state?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Maintain the monarchy here...
All in all it doesn't affect me that much and it brings people in to London.

I wouldn't want Cameron's' face every time I pull out some money, so that's another reason as well.

Good point, I would hate to be American and have to look at Donald Trumps's face every time I pulled out some money if he become president.

Associate
OP
Yes, but our Monarch doesn't impinge on our democratic rights. If they were to do so, then I would be in favour of abolishing it.

If it ain't broke...

You're wrong there, while the Monarch does not use of its power. It does use its influence, the letters that Price Charles writes for example and the weekly meeting with the PM.

Associate
OP
Surely the house of lords would make mose sense than the monarchh then

I agree, why can't we have both. And while we are at it have full proportional representation with MPs' voting power is exactly the same as the number of people that voted for them, so if 76,456 people voted for party x and party x got one MP then that MP would have 76,456 votes himself, a proxy democracy in it's purest form. But until we get rid of the monarchy this is not going to happen.

Back
Top Bottom