Poll: How would you vote in a referendum to abolish the monarchy?

Would you get rid of the monarchy?

• Abolish the monarchy

Votes: 326 30.5%
  • Keep the monarchy

Votes: 743 69.5%

• Total voters
Associate
How would you vote in a referendum to remove absolutely all legislative power and influence that the monarchy holds and for the removal of the monarch as the head of state?

Last edited:
Associate
Maintain the monarchy here...
All in all it doesn't affect me that much and it brings people in to London.

I wouldn't want Cameron's' face every time I pull out some money, so that's another reason as well.

Caporegime
Without the monarchy there would be one less thing stopping this country from becoming an utter, faceless ****hole with nothing to differentiate it from the rest of the world. I believe that having a monarchy is also very beneficial, it brings tourism, it promotes patriotism, it generates money.

Associate
OP
Maintain the monarchy here...
All in all it doesn't affect me that much and it brings people in to London.

I wouldn't want Cameron's' face every time I pull out some money, so that's another reason as well.

Good point, I would hate to be American and have to look at Donald Trumps's face every time I pulled out some money if he become president.

Soldato
I agree with Acme and Judgeneo on this. Plus, the charity work that these people carry out is invaluable. Yes, these things didn't require someone who is 'royal,' but the free publicity and attention that they bring with them is enormous.

Associate
OP
Yes, but our Monarch doesn't impinge on our democratic rights. If they were to do so, then I would be in favour of abolishing it.

If it ain't broke...

You're wrong there, while the Monarch does not use of its power. It does use its influence, the letters that Price Charles writes for example and the weekly meeting with the PM.

Back
Top Bottom