HP 8610 - unable to get working on main PC

Soldato
Been using this printer for a while.
It has, for the most part, been flawless

Its setup wirelessly and it works 100% perfect from all of my computers in the house, including mobile phones and tablets... its perfect.

But it simply wont work from my own main PC.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled, manually and automagically, I have done weird and wonderful ways to get it to work, and it just wont play nicely.

The best I can do, is getting it in, and it seems to look right and then if I try printing, it either says that I need to install a printer ( And yet there it is, in the Devices and printers bit in the Control panel and also in the printer panel ) and if it does go past that then I get an error

Im at a loss!

The only thing I can think of right now, is to completely delete all info to do with the printer, but again, Im at a loss there too!

Anoyingly, this happened a few weeks ago and I gave the machine a fresh install and that solved the issue, but I dotn want to do that again... not when I can use any other PC to do my printing, but I should not have to do that should I?

Anyone have anything for me? ( a gun? )

Associate
Uninstall all the HP printer drivers, stop the print spool service and delete anything in C:\windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS

In system > device manager put view hidden devices at the top, and remove anything HP related in printers and print queues.

It's also a good idea to remove any HP printer entries in the registry.

Re-install the drivers and it should work again.

Back
Top Bottom