1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP Officejet 200 Pigment or Dye?

Discussion in 'Printers' started by jimconsole28, May 14, 2019.

1. jimconsole28

Associate

Hi,

I have the above printer that uses HP62 cartridge. when the ink ran out i replaced it with the cheap dye based ink and when i print anything with a barcode on it i noticed the barcode won't scan because the lines are a bit rough. would i be able to use pigment ink instead? and would that improve the quality?

Thank you all

2. jimconsole28

Associate

After doing some research i found out HP use Pigment ink in their black HP62 cartridge and Dye ink in their tri color cartridge. this is probably why when i refilled the cartridge the quality of black print in certain areas like my barcodes were not good enough. it's a shame as regular text look nice and crisp using dye ink. anyhow i have purchased a cheap bottle of Pigment ink to try. £5 for 100ml bargain!
    i'll update with results when it arrives.

3. jimconsole28

Associate

Received the Pigment ink today and i was amazed at the difference as it's almost like it's been laser printed! the barcodes scan perfect first time with no rough edges anymore. just great!