HP Omen anybody

Soldato
Hi all

Everybody at work knows im a big PC fan and always point out any pc systems that come through our depot and ask what its like, Lately this one lad has all of a sudden started piping up saying how pants all these systems are that come through until today, A HP Omen came through and he had his say, Claiming no build for £830 would be better than this one as he has one... I stood my ground and said you could build one a lot better for the same price, Now he doesnt think so....

Anyone experienced one of these 'beasts'

Intel i5-7400
1060 3gb
Z170 mobo
8gb RAM
1TB HDD
500W PSU

ive already look on OCUK and put a build together thats better, just want your say.

Associate
there is different hp omen so just saying costs 830 really is no help as it could be a better spec omen he got on discount or something whats the spec of his hp omen , also is it the laptop or desktop version or is that the spec of his hp omen or is that the spec you have made up that you mention

Last edited:
Soldato
OP

When i specced him something earlier, i used the same CPU, GPU and Motherboard as you, For starters the GPU is the 6GB so better, then the RAM is double the amount, Im not sure what his i5-7400 is like but its not one ive seen recommended a lot so can't be that good

Associate
the i5 7400 and the i3 8100 are nearly identical, the 8100 just has a higher clock speed.

All this being said, I don't want to poo poo the HP. Its a fairly solid little spec and once you factor in OS, warranty and build cost its not a bad price, specially as it likely predates the release of the 8100 which marked a big drop in the price of performance on intels side

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah. No. It annoys me when people sell gaming systems with poop motherboards. If adored.tv is to be believed the newest intel cpus are going to have notably worse performance with cheap motherboards. Which sucks for anyone buying a system like this. Getting sub par performance out of a decent cpu

Back
Top Bottom