HP Omen Owners?

Associate
First post, partly inspired by finding this deal on these forums, but just wondered if anyone else bought or already own a HP Omen?

Mine is a I7 6700HQ, 8GB DDR4, 965M 4GB and a 128GB SSD and 1TB HDD.

It runs quite nicely and im impressed with the speed.

Not pushed it too hard and I know ill struggle with all the bells and whistles on the newer games, but for what 800 quid its not a bad effort.

Associate
Yeah I saw that deal on very, it was pretty good as you got a 965 instead of the usual 960 cards that come in around that price point

Associate
yes, got a

Core i5-6300HQ
15.6" 1920 x 1080 screen
8 GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM
128 GB M.2 SSD and 1TB HDD
GTX 965M (4 GB GDDR5 dedicated)

used everyday by an enthusiastic 8 year old, he's bonded with it :)
bought in June for £759, no regrets

Associate
OP
Nice to see :)

I think they are quite smart, i mean i dont have experience with a lot of laptops but its fairly light, seems quite solid and looks nice as well. Id like to get something more modern to push it on, but ill wait to see what offers there are at Christmas on Steam.

Associate
We got our daughter the i5 version as a special birthday present this year. Covered her laptop needs and gives her a covers her gaming until I can sort out her desktop later on.

She has been playing L4D2, Payday 2 and The Crew with friends when she isn't studying. Not surprisingly they all run very well on high settings and the screen is very nice. Puts my naff desktop to shame (I will get a 21:9 one day).

We have got her a more recent title for Christmas which should really tax it on highest settings, so that will be interesting to see. I won't say what game yet, as I am terrible for leaving the forum open on screen when I leave the room when catching up later.

Caporegime
This is the brand I'm 90% leaning towards on getting to replace my knackered Dell Vostro. HP is not really known for gaming but I think with Omen they are taking steps in the right direction. But finding actual real world discussion on them is hard! No-one seems to be buying them. I'm eager to hear anything and everything about the Omen laptop performance.

Associate
OP
I can't fault it tbh it's fast to boot up and is very responsive. As for games the only thing I've really used that probably pushes the machine is GTA5 and that runs smooth on high with extras at 60fps. Mad Max is another I played and that's fine as well with the graphics pushed.

I mean the 965m isn't top of the range but does a decent job in my eyes. I've not loads of experience with laptops but it's fairly light and looks nice to me.

Soldato
Seen the Omen 15 with 1050 is out and quite tempted. Any owners able to tell me how far the hinge goes back? Ideally Id prefer 180 degree or close to it, but I know that's unlikely... just wondered if anyone can show or tell the maximum angle?

Associate
Snap.

I7 6700HQ, 8GB DDR4, 965M 4GB and a 128GB SSD and 1TB HDD.

Very nice laptop that boots quickly and opens apps with no lag.

Purchased around Black Friday for £800.

It just ticks all the boxes i was looking for and is a very good unit.

Recommended :)

Associate
I'm fairly certain my friend bought this just before Christmas from a catalogue, and it turned out to have a lower spec graphics card than the one listed so ended up going back, might be something to look out for

Associate
Ordered a HP Omen15-ax200na off the rainforest today, arriving Friday. It's got a 256gb m2 drive instead of a 128gb and 1tb HDD. I'll add a second SSD at a later date.

Will let you know how I get on with it!

Back
Top Bottom