HP Printer send to shared folder issue

Associate
Dear Experts

I have got HP LaserJet M5035 MFP Series printer that initially was able to scan documents to shared folder on 2xDesktops (PC1 and PC2) windows 8

I upgraded PC1 (but not yet PC2) only from windows 8 to windows 10 pro and I tried to copy the same setting as it was on windows 8

Created folder on windows 10 and shared it and edited permission tab and security tab as well

I can access that shared folder on PC1 from PC2 no issue.

On the web interface of the printer when I click on : "Test Folder Access" I get below error message

https://imgur.com/a/YXZbO7s

Unable to reach ’\\VISIONDESKTOP\Kylie_Scans’. Please check the location and make corrections as needed

I tried to use ip address of printer no joy

SMBv2 and SMBv2 enabeled

Thx

Associate
Old thread, sorry. But did you fix this?
I see a mistake in what you wrote. You said you tried to use the ip address of the printer. You meant you tried to use the ip address of the target computer?

Looks to be a DNS issue to me, where your printer isnt resolving the PCs name to an IP. \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\kylie_scans should work if you have putt he credentials in correctly

Associate
OP
I see a mistake in what you wrote. You said you tried to use the ip address of the printer. You meant you tried to use the ip address of the target computer?
Yes you are right.

Looks to be a DNS issue to me, where your printer isnt resolving the PCs name to an IP. \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\kylie_scans should work if you have putt he credentials in correctly
actually it was firewall issue

Back
Top Bottom