HP w2207h = yummy

Associate
Popped into my local retailer and he had a HP w2207h 22" on display.

3000:1 contast ratio = great for photo editing & watching movies.

Currently running them with carpy VGA inputs but I'll be ordering a couple of DVI - HDMI cables after Christmas period.

Only major downside is no DVI. It comes iwth VGA and HDMI inputs as standard.

Not too shabby at playing games also. 5ms

So impressed I bougth a pair of them @ £199 a piece. Apparently they are going up in price early Jan.

The W2407h 24 incher is a peach but it's a bit steep at £369

Hig res Image of my 22's

DSC_1039.jpg

Associate
OP
Viewing angles are not bad. I couldn't begin to quantify it but as has been said earlier I sit in front of mine.

Associate
Just bought me self one of these for crimbo, and I'm very impressed with the quality of the build the screen is crystal clear to me the colours are sharp and as stated the viewing angles are pretty good to me but then again I also sit right in front of mine.

All in all it's a cracking tft for the £199 i paid for it, from the purple shirted pimple jockeys ;)

Man of Honour
Popped into my local retailer and he had a HP w2207h 22" on display.

3000:1 contast ratio = great for photo editing & watching movies.

Currently running them with carpy VGA inputs but I'll be ordering a couple of DVI - HDMI cables after Christmas period.

Only major downside is no DVI. It comes iwth VGA and HDMI inputs as standard.

Not too shabby at playing games also. 5ms

So impressed I bougth a pair of them @ £199 a piece. Apparently they are going up in price early Jan.

The W2407h 24 incher is a peach but it's a bit steep at £369

Hig res Image of my 22's

Please could you let me know what game that is on the left screen & is it any good?

I too saw this monitor recently, also @ £199 but a choice of the HDMI or DVI version, but it was hooked up to a monitor wall via a shared VGA hub and the picture looked bad, but your pics look great, I know you said you sit facing straight on to the monitor but hows it look if you just shift in a different direction? as we all move about to stay comfortable.

I was thinking of getting a Dell ultrasharp as i've had the 17" and that was great, thinking of getting the 20.1" standard aspect, just wondered if the widescreen is any good, does it make using the pc better?

Thanks,

Peace

Associate
OP
The game on the left screen is Trackmania Nations

it's a free download from http://www.trackmanianations.com/indexUk.php

Re the picture of the black screen in a dimly lit room.

It's a bit difficult but maybe these will give you an idea and yes the screen on the left is on and running the Dead Pixel Buddy.

If I really ramp up the exposure I can get some light out of it but it's getting to the silly stage in terms of exposure time.

Suffice to say I wouldn't worry about playing games in a dimly lit room with one of these puppies.

DSC_1164.jpg

DSC_1169.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I'd get you keys mate because I can assure you the one on the left IS on and displaying the black screen.if you look at the top right hand corner of the left monitor you will see a faint blue light. That's the on switch

In reality you do get a little light because the monitor on the the right does shut the camera down a little making the screen appear a little darker when I took the pictures.

The amount of backlight that comes through is not worth bothering about.

The monitors also have a 5 position quickview button on the front so you can toggle between movie, photo, gaming, text and custom modes. Each has differing contrast, brightness etc

HTH

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Both mine are HDMI and have a HDMI badge on the top left corner.

I didn't know they came with a DVI version but at the risk of stating the obvious the DVI ones would have a DVI connector on the back and not a VGA connector.

DVI Connector

dvinew.jpg

VGA Connector

300px-SVGA_port.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
I'd get you keys mate because I can assure you the one on the left IS on and displaying the black screen.if you look at the top right hand corner of the left monitor you will see a faint blue light. That's the on switch

In reality you do get a little light because the monitor on the the right does shut the camera down a little making the screen appear a little darker when I took the pictures.

The amount of backlight that comes through is not worth bothering about.

The monitors also have a 5 position quickview button on the front so you can toggle between movie, photo, gaming, text and custom modes. Each ghas differing contrast, birightness etc

HTH

Wow...very impressive, will have to check this out ;)

Associate
OP
Sorry no idea about model numbers if there is a DVI Version.

The model number of mine is HP w2207h ( the h standing for hdmi so I'm told )

The hdmi is no major problem I've just ordered two 2.5m DVI to HDMI cables at £7.49 a piece with free delivery.

Got to say though that even with the VGA connector the picture is really good. I just will be happier when it's all digital with the DVI-HDMI cables.

Back
Top Bottom