HP Widescreen TFT 19"

Associate
I have been looking at the HP 19" widescreen TFT monitor, displays resolution of 1440 x 900. How does that work with my graphics card (Radeon 9800 pro) which I think the nearest display setting to that is 1280 x 1024, which is what I normall use.

Will I be loosing resolution using this widescreen with my Radeon?

Thanks

John

Man of Honour
you'll find that upon connecting a display which supports a strange WS resolution like this, your graphics card will have the option to choose it. In fact using software like Powerstrip you could probably create a custom res now, but no point unless the display device can support it. You should be fine running the native resolution as once you've connected the monitor to the GFX card, it will tell it what res it wants :)

Associate
OP
Ok thanks, I was worried that the WS monitors would have a vertical bland at both sides when using it with applications like Office and Cad.

Cheers

John

Associate
OP
I am looking for a monitor for Autocad, where fine line definition is a must. I have seen various brand monitors that you can just look at the crosshairs in Autocad and see that they are not a thin crisp horizontal and vertical line.

Looking at OC monitors, I see the OC Gamer 198YP has a pixel pitch of .264, compared to most of them (incl. the Samsung SM920N and the OC Value Hanns) having a pixel pitch of .294

Does that mean that the OC gamer would be a better CAD monitor for displaying very fine lines?

Thanks,

John

Man of Honour
The OcUK Gamer 198YP is a rebadged Yusmart model, you can see the spec here:

http://www.yusmart.net/products9.htm

thats actually a typo on Ocuk page which i will flag to the show people :) All models of the same size and resolution would have the same pixel pitch since this is fixed due to the number of pixels (1280 x 1024 in this case) and the screen size (in this case 19"). Pixel pitch remains the same. If you need a good crisp image, most modern TFT's will offer this. The addition of DVI for a pure digital connection might be one thing to consider though

Back
Top Bottom