HTC Desire S Ice Cream Sandwich Update

Associate
I have just updated my HTC Desire S to Ice cream sandwich. The software is currently available on HTC’s HTCDev.com (Select other, and then find files) website, something that HTC promised that it would do yesterday, and it can be downloaded by HTC Desire S owners right now. As promised, HTC has given HTC Desire S owners a choice as the software will only be available for a manual installation which means owners will have the option to stay on Android 2.3 Gingerbread if they wish.

Soldato
I have the RUU file sat ready to go on my desktop too, just somewhat concerned over reading a few people report that it's not as smooth as Ginger Bread which I know will annoy me lol.

Associate
OP
No problems so far. Everything working great and nice and fast.
just updated all the apps and maps. Funny but it now feels like i have a new phone so good result for me. Give it a try.

Soldato
Thanks for the comments.

Dano - Where is the feedback please? Want to score points, not put myself in the dog house!

EDIT: I'm going to have to ask for an idiot's guide to locating the file please, I've had a nosey on the HTCdev site and can't find it for the life of me!

Last edited:
Soldato
how do you update the htc desire. do you put the file on a sd card then update using the apply update option from the bootloader?

Soldato
If using the RUU file it's a question of plugging the phone into your pc, make sure it's got the drivers installed and then run the RUU file from your desktop as far as I can see.

Soldato
If using the RUU file it's a question of plugging the phone into your pc, make sure it's got the drivers installed and then run the RUU file from your desktop as far as I can see.

no need to setup google sdk? i got adb working on a 32 bit machine but for some reason a 64 bit im getting a few issues

Back
Top Bottom