HTC HD - you got one? what you think??

Soldato
Doohickey did they not give you credit on your next bill? charged me £175.50 and will give me £130 back.

I couldn't get the data free, so I get less mins & texts than you(tho get 'unlim' land line. plus don't really need all tho mins or texts) and paying £5/month more. is your 'unlim' data 250mb or 500mb?

I got tomtom navigator 7(7.910.9185) working on it today, got the western europe 1gb 815.2024 maps. just can't get tomtom home(v2.5.260) to play nice with the touch hd, keep getting the invalid device error so can't get map sharing etc to work(have read that v1.5 works but can't find it to download).

Soldato
I put Igo nav n go 8 satnav on mine yesterday - very impressive !

did you buy that? ;)

is there any issues with the res of the thouch hd?

I need to get a case, car holder and car charger for it now. still not taken the screen cover that it comes with(i.e. the one thats got the Important etc written on i), need to take it off and put the screen protector on. shame it doesn't have a lanyard hole on it as I wear my phone around my neck so I don't miss place it.

still a lot of features and stuff I haven't played with yet.

been trying to decide if I should keep it or send it back and cancle my upgrade contract(currently on racoon 15 sim only, moving to racoon 30 18 month contract).

edit: I fitted the screen protector but think have messed it up, there's lint specks and circles showing. should I use the pouch or get a case for it? looking at the car holder and charger, seen from like £10-£50.

Last edited:
Associate
Got my hd yesterday. Never had a windows mobiledevice before, is antivirus software required? If so whats best and are any free?

Associate
did you buy that? ;)

is there any issues with the res of the thouch hd?

I need to get a case, car holder and car charger for it now. still not taken the screen cover that it comes with(i.e. the one thats got the Important etc written on i), need to take it off and put the screen protector on. shame it doesn't have a lanyard hole on it as I wear my phone around my neck so I don't miss place it.

still a lot of features and stuff I haven't played with yet.

been trying to decide if I should keep it or send it back and cancle my upgrade contract(currently on racoon 15 sim only, moving to racoon 30 18 month contract).

edit: I fitted the screen protector but think have messed it up, there's lint specks and circles showing. should I use the pouch or get a case for it? looking at the car holder and charger, seen from like £10-£50.

I couldn't possibly comment but I can confirm it works really well with the HD screen resolution in landscape mode.. :cool:

Bought a Krusell flip case for it which is great and you can get loads of different accessories for it for mounting on your belt, car etc..

Do want to get a good screen protector for it as well though..

Soldato
Ok, I've got my Touch, and I'm struggling with WM. A couple of questions I really need answering are:

- Coreplayer appears to be $30. I thought it was free. Any alternatives for DivX or Xvid playback?
- How do I import contacts from Windows Live into the phone? All my contact are on there, complete with phone numbers and e-mails. I really don't want to have to type them all back in. It is probably obvious, but I'm missing it.

I am loving the phone so far though - actually starting to be what I would want from a 'smart phone'. The UI is very nice, and it seems powerful enough too.

Soldato
Doohickey did they not give you credit on your next bill? charged me £175.50 and will give me £130 back.

I couldn't get the data free, so I get less mins & texts than you(tho get 'unlim' land line. plus don't really need all tho mins or texts) and paying £5/month more. is your 'unlim' data 250mb or 500mb?

I got tomtom navigator 7(7.910.9185) working on it today, got the western europe 1gb 815.2024 maps. just can't get tomtom home(v2.5.260) to play nice with the touch hd, keep getting the invalid device error so can't get map sharing etc to work(have read that v1.5 works but can't find it to download).

Nope, no credit, although I forgot to ask about it. Did you ask specifically? I haggled for ever and ever and ever and based on my 'points', this was the best I could be offered, and I believe it is because the Orange operator was a really cool guy who spent absolutely ages trying to fiddle every possible option around for me. So much for people thinking that Orange have poor customer service- I couldn't have asked for anything better!

Associate
I was about to order a Omnia but I had a play on my mates,
the touch flow interface is really nice, looks a lot better than the Omnias,
Also the camera isn't half bad outside, inside and in the dark is another matter though :D
Lots of nice apps and tweaks and i am now 100% set.
I was also surprised how thin it is, i was expecting a beefy brick.

EDIT: Can anyone confirm if it can player the BBC iPlayer or the channel 4 equivalent
?

Last edited:
Soldato
I didn't ask for the credit, the lady I spoke to offered it to me(I'm suprised as I'm not a heavy user, my previous 18month contract was racoon 35(£35/month) and I only used like 30mins of the free mins and 60mins of the unlim land line(couple of months got into couple of hundred mins(landline) but that was while my cousin was in gurnsey and my mum and sister spoke to her using my mobile)). she said she was trying to get the best she could for £20/£25 per month.

when I called a couple of day later to accept the deal I did ask if they could go any lower but got told the lady had gone as far as she could.

the iplay(catchup & live. not tried the live radio) works over wifi, I tried over 3g but got the message to switch to wifi. not tried the channel 4 one yet.

Soldato
I didn't ask for the credit, the lady I spoke to offered it to me(I'm suprised as I'm not a heavy user, my previous 18month contract was racoon 35(£35/month) and I only used like 30mins of the free mins and 60mins of the unlim land line(couple of months got into couple of hundred mins(landline) but that was while my cousin was in gurnsey and my mum and sister spoke to her using my mobile)). she said she was trying to get the best she could for £20/£25 per month.

when I called a couple of day later to accept the deal I did ask if they could go any lower but got told the lady had gone as far as she could.

the iplay(catchup & live. not tried the live radio) works over wifi, I tried over 3g but got the message to switch to wifi. not tried the channel 4 one yet.

I think it depends who you talk to. I got a call on saturday asking if I wanted to upgrade (contract expires in March). Stated that the HTC Touch HD was the only phone I was interested in. I was told that I would have to pay 127 quid to get the phone and that there was nothing they could do. Guy was a bit of a miserable so and so. I said i'd ring back.

I did ring back and spoke to a really friendly chap who immediately offered me the handset for 127 pounds but said he would give me 130 credit on my account which I could ask for a cheque for after the first month!

Didn't take him up on it there and then, I'm going to explore the possibilities and look at the iphone and G1 before deciding.

Must say though that because i'm getting a HTC S740 for work, and thus I don't need exchange integration, if the HTC Touch HD had Android on it, it would be a done deal.

Caporegime
Orange upgrade/retentions

this is what im going to do, i'm at the rear end of a 24 month contract and i've been a customer for 4 years in total now. i'll be expecting a very good deal when i upgrade. I already have "unlimited data" and texts and 750 minutes for £30 a month, hopefully i can get a similar deal to you

Soldato
OP
I was expecting more shops to have the HTC HD in for sale by now, maybe the resesion is hitting them harder than they want to let on...

Only found it in Orange and CPW at the mo, so not great deals as i can see me using it on the interent a lot.

Is it true orange do a 7pm - 7pm internet package? or did i miss read that?

Back
Top Bottom