HTC Sensation XE

Soldato
Sorry if this has been posted already, I had a quick scan and could not see it mentioned.

HTC Sensation with Beats Audio™

05225afc.jpg

http://www.htc.com/uk/smartphones/htc-sensation-xe/

Some impressive specs having a read through the HTC webpage. A slightly faster 1.5GHz dual-core CPU, slightly bigger 1730mAh battery too. The aluminum uni-body construction with the touches of red looks ace imo! :cool:

Not too clued up on the whole Beats Audio™ hype, but I've seen it advertised on HP laptops, and the inclusion of the custom made headset is nice.

Any thoughts?

Man of Honour
Still not as good as the Galaxy S II overall but I really like it and I think the red looks quite smart. Certainly makes it a much tighter contest (with the SGS2) and the device should be more responsive and last quite a bit longer on the battery as well.

If you listen to music a lot on your phone, it certainly makes it an excellent option, as long as it isn't more expensive than the original Sensation is now.

Permabanned
Overall, Beats stuff isn't amazing but it's not bad either. I imagine it will be fairly decent.

What is it though, a new amplifier, a new set of headphones, a new internal speaker? It's pretty hard to judge something based on purely a brandname without actually knowing how it differs from the previous model.

Man of Honour
What is it though, a new amplifier, a new set of headphones, a new internal speaker? It's pretty hard to judge something based on purely a brandname without actually knowing how it differs from the previous model.

I assume it's those things, yes.

Soldato
Its an equaliser and custom earphones designed for the equaliser. You cannot activate Beats Audio on the phone without the beats audio headset plugged in and it does not work through the speaker.

Soldato
So it's really just the headphones doing all the work to improve the sound then?

No, its the software in the phone (equaliser etc) along with the better quality headphones combined that do the work.

The idea is that the Sensation XE will recognize Dre-approved headphones and give you the option of enabling a Beats sound profile tailored to those 'phones, which is meant to deliver the music "just like the artist intended." The device has tailored profiles for the packaged YourBeats as well as Beats Solos -- just in case you happened to own a pair of those over-ears. If you plug in some other set from the Beats range, the phone will only activate a generic Beats profile -- although HTC tells us that more model-specific profiles will be coming at some point in the future. Whichever sound profile gets loaded up, it doesn't change in response to what type of music you're listening too -- it'll just apply the same profile to every song, to lift those (primarily bass) frequencies that Dre thinks ought to be lifted.

Source: - http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/22/htc-sensation-xe-with-beats-audio-we-go-ears-on-video/

Last edited:
Caporegime
Is there a release date/known network list for this? At the moment I'm on Vodafone, with an upgrade due in 30 days, but nothing at the moment (bar the imminent release of the new Nexus) seems appealing, and have been looking to jump ship to "3" (not changed network in over a decade).

I can't stand the SGS II (as much as I'd like to love it, I just don't get on with it at all), and this looks to fit the bill in terms of looks (bar the stupid beats logo on the back) and percieved quality (with it's construction materials).

Need to get rid of my Atrix soon before it annoys me beyond the point of no return.

Soldato
I installed HTC music with beats on my custom rom. It just adds an equaliser with extra profiles when a headset is plugged in. Moved back to PlayerPro after an hour as theres many more features and a dsp pack.

Back
Top Bottom