Html css timeline\history

Associate
Looking some help or ideas.

I have a html Page that gets updated with the contents of a text file. The new content is added to the top with all other entries listed below.

I would like to add a line done the left of the pages with an arrow\indent to signify a new entry so all updates are recorded in a timeline for quick reference.

Any assistance greatly appreciated

Associate
Does the page load dynamically? Or is it only loading the contents of the text file once at the start of the page?

My first thought would be to make a section down the side using a div, and then in your code where you're inserting each thing taken from the text file, insert a reference in the div also. You may need some kind of marker in the text file though to distinguish between entries.

Associate
The only thing I can make out is that it's a flat file database and records are added like a news script but instead renamed to "timeline". Not exactly sure what he wants though.

Associate
OP
Thanks for looking.

The vbscript runs and appends the results to a html file.
At present the html file is just using a table to display the results e.g:
Date 04/11/12 Time 20:08 - Script Run - All ok
Date 03/11/12 Time 20:08 - Script Run - Issues Found
Date 01/09/12 Time 01:38 - Script Run - All ok

The idea of the timeline was to try and improve the look of the html page and to gauge the last run time quickly.

Something like this: http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/quoterror-file-read-failedquot-when-trying-restore-exchange-2007-bar picture in the first post

I think this is beyond my skills at the moment.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom