** HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT **

Caporegime
i think the point is if you doing it promoting a large company or one of this size it should be done correctly and better.

with all the resources at hand and you gathering 10-15 viewers. sorry that isnt good enough.they struggled to get even a few in the lobby.to highlight how bad it was and to show the custom servers werent the reason as being given we made a game and got 30-40 people instantly just through discord.more than the entire stream instantly with no advertising.

im sure the people involved are nice people.so nothing is personal.just what was being done isnt good enough.or professional any random streamer could be getting the numbers with no backing.yet they have a good set up and a great following across social media. someone needs to take the reigns and use the promotion skills.make events worthy of the size of the company thats showing these events.

not only that the people used to stream the events have been like watching wall paper paste dry.many said this during the streams.

there are people on the forums who could play better than the ones streaming and stream all the time.why not give them a go ? i dont want nothing from this or anything to do with it.its just a pointer that the streams and events need to be better. you have all you need to bring in hundreds of people on each stream. you have the social media followers. so why is there only 10-15 people watching ?

ive said all i need to and you replied with your response.hopefully future events are better.

Soldato
Well this announcement wasn't as huge as advertised at all... This is very unlike OcUK... very unlike them indeed!

MZiKTzq.gif

bJN

bJN

Soldato
It's a fun tournament with a generous prize pool put on by sponsors to help get word out about the company a bit more / gain a bit more online presence, right?

Whilst I'm sure you can get the numbers to sign up (I'll probably be one myself), you're looking for more exposure on the company / stream? I'm not saying what you're doing is wrong, but it's not how I would go about it.

You're putting on a little tournament (which is great to see by the way, and I fully support this!) that will have up to 192 entries. That's 192 people that will be actively playing, not watching your stream I would imagine - I know I certainly can't watch streams and game at the same time. So who is it you're trying to get to watch the stream? You're spreading word now about the tournament - that will get you entries / contestants, that won't get you viewers. Honestly, you'd be better trying to get a dedicated streamer with a proven viewership to take part. That way you're guaranteed to get more exposure - it might not be a direct viewer count rise, but the name will suddenly become known - but it has to be run like a tight ship. Timing needs to be there, commentary needs to be there, announcements need to be there, organisation needs to be there. If you can nail the structure of it, you'll get more people interested which will in turn bring more exposure.

This was probably the first or second time I've watched the OCUK stream, and I turned it off straight after the announcement. That's not a bash at the people playing, but I wasn't at all interested in them. Heck, I only knew about it because of the forum post - if I was random Joe Bloggs browsing through Twitch there was 0% I would have stumbled upon it. I know that you sometimes host other streamers (onscreen is one I remember), perhaps try and see if they can reciprocate to get your exposure up a bit more?

All only my opinion and observation etc, but I like to think it's a neutral viewpoint.

Back
Top Bottom