Human Centipede

Associate
Sounds like this is a proper horror film..

It definitely is.

It's almost refreshing to watch a movie which can induce dread into the viewer without showcasing elaborate displays of gore and violence.
Obviously it does have violence in it, but the film's horror primarily stems from its themes and implications.

While I thought the film was absolutely horrible, it probably is one of the best horror movies i've seen in years.

So more of a B movie.. like Driller Killer or Ichi the Killer?

wat

Soldato
I watched this a few nights ago, and it's utter dross. Not even remotely tense or scary, full of terrible acting, poor production, not much in the way of effects and a boring ending.

There's about one mildly stomach churning moment and that's it.

Avoid at all costs.

I did quite like the German doctor though :D

Associate
I watched this film after reading about it in the paper. Honestly it is probably the worst film I have ever seen, I thought i might have been watching a film by a film student with the budget of his mums pocket money. The acting is poor at best and there is no sense of suspense or anything throughout the film. The fact people have supposedly vomited while watching this film is more likely due to the fact they couldnt believe something so bad could make it to the cinema and they were wasting their time watching it. Its not at all gory, i've probably seen more gore in casualty and been more scared watching crimewatch.

Towards the end of the film I thought I was actually watching a very softcore BDSM movie. If thats your thing then go for it but seriously this film was complete rubbish.

Soldato
I watched this film after reading about it in the paper. Honestly it is probably the worst film I have ever seen, I thought i might have been watching a film by a film student with the budget of his mums pocket money. The acting is poor at best and there is no sense of suspense or anything throughout the film. The fact people have supposedly vomited while watching this film is more likely due to the fact they couldnt believe something so bad could make it to the cinema and they were wasting their time watching it. Its not at all gory, i've probably seen more gore in casualty and been more scared watching crimewatch.

Towards the end of the film I thought I was actually watching a very softcore BDSM movie. If thats your thing then go for it but seriously this film was complete rubbish.

Couldn't agree more... I showed my lass the trailer and she said i had to watch it to tell her what happens lol.

Its poor... the scariest thing about the whole film is the plot playing over in your head prior to actually watching it unfold.

And i was totally Loling at the mad German surgeon jumping round them in the garden screaming "FEED HER... YES FEED HER".

Not worth anything really.. and don't see how they could do a sequel either.. thank the merciful gods.

Soldato

Haha, couldn't have said it better myself.

The film could have been so much better if they made you care about the characters, but I didn't feel anything when they were operated on.

I thought the film might actually live up to the hype of it being a disgusting film when the Doctor mentioned laxatives :D. But nothing came of it. I had visions of poop squirting out of the stitches lol.

Not worth anything really.. and don't see how they could do a sequel either.. thank the merciful gods.

According to Wiki there will be a sequel with a 12 person human centipede, sounds awesome...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Associate
Bad acting, predictable plot, plain weird, pretty bad film overall imo.

Ironically that's what my impression of it was after watching the trailer. It looks terrible!

I guess I'm one of only a few who can handle any film with any amount of wtf within!

Same here. I don't find many things disgusting/strange/etc, more intriguing - I should have been a surgeon. :p

Soldato
It definitely is.

It's almost refreshing to watch a movie which can induce dread into the viewer without showcasing elaborate displays of gore and violence.
Obviously it does have violence in it, but the film's horror primarily stems from its themes and implications.

While I thought the film was absolutely horrible, it probably is one of the best horror movies i've seen in years.

horrible and making you feel dread does not equal horror imo

something like irreversible/man bites dog bring a much bigger feeling of shock/dread and disgust than this poorly directed/acted/scored rubbish ever will. but you could never call them horrors

the little bit of 'horror' in this has already been spoiled by the title/press/trailers.

Last edited:
Soldato
As already mentioned by dmpoole; a really disturbing film (imo) is Martyrs, it's the only film I've seen (in my admitedly short life) that has made me go "....****" after watching it and been kinda speechless for a few minutes afterwards.

Of course me saying that has probably completely ruined for you, but the actual story is quite good and I recommend anyone who enjoyed this checks it out.

Back
Top Bottom