HWLabs GTS or EK Quantum Surface rads?

Soldato
So currently have an XSPC RX360 rad but looking to get 2 more 360 rads. Overkill? Probably, will they fit? Yes :p

Anyway I way going to get 2 HWLabs Black Ice GTS rads but then saw the new EK rads which according to Techpowerup.com perform pretty similar but the new EK Quantum Surface rads are much less restrictive.

Rest of my loop will be D5 pump, EK Supremacy Evo and full cover gpu block.

Would the Black Ice be too restrictive? Tests seem to show them being twice as restrictive if not more than other rads despite being top performers.

Associate
Unless you're using a tonne of sharp angle fittings then the majority of the restriction in your loop will be coming from the blocks. A d5 should handle that without any issues, I've got the same CPU block and an alphacool gpu block with 2 360 rads and the flow rate is still nuts if I crank the pump speed up.

Soldato
OP
Still waiting on some fittings but decided to test the flow of what will be my loop minus gpu block. Don't have a flow meter but flow seem OK to me with a single d5. I've ran two loops for the past 10 years or so unless temps are bad I guess I'll have a spare spare d5 now.

Back
Top Bottom