Hybrid bikes for a really short bloke

Man of Honour
Anyone have any recommendations on hybrid bikes for me around the £600 mark?

The problem is I've got the legs of a small child 27 inch inside leg, 5'6 overall. I tried a giant roam 2 small and the standover height is way too high, the top tube is well into my crotch.

Looking at it, I'd need to go to an xs woman's frame in most brands but do I then run the risk of being too cramped up top as what little height I do have (stop laughing at the back) is all in my upper body.

Man of Honour
OP
Maybe try and xs frame but fit a longer stem?
I hadn't thought of that, I've got a local shop getting in an xs trek dual sport 2 for me to try so we'll see how it goes. It's still going to be a little touch and go on the standover height based on measurements but we'll see how it is in person :o

Caporegime
You can pretty much customise a bike to fit anyone and that's what everyone should do.

Having a bike custom fitted will help with back pain, posture and pelvis pain.

You can have shorter or longer cranks. Taller and longer handlebars positioned further away. Saddle positioned further back, etc.

Having a proper fitting is pretty much essential. Jumping on any bike without modififying it to suit you won't end well unless it's a leisure bike you use sitting up straight.

Soldato
You can get straight or lay-back seat posts too, bars can be rotates slightly, be different length, sweep and rise, lots of little tweaks, but the frame size does need to be in the right ballpark as ultimately that will limit the extent of tweaking.

Back
Top Bottom