Hyper Scape - Ubisofts new BR

Associate
Anybody watching this on Twitch? Streams just started @ 5PM - The usual watch for a chance to get a key drop.
It looks kinda crap tbh, first impressions from just watching are "meh"
Closed Beta is live now - Open beta starts 12th July.

Man of Honour
Battle Royale as a genre, has had its day for me. Had a lot of fun in various Battle Royale games but my time in the genre is over now.

Caporegime
Can BR die already?

Ever since this pubg started, games have been trash as every publisher/developer has jumped on the bandwagon.

Soldato
Free to play / Battle Royale / Ubisoft....a perfect mix for an excellent consumer experience.
PUBG is dead the last time I logged in (it had bots!), APEX is declining, Fortnite I dunno, BF5 BR was a joke and Black Ops 4 has been killed off by Modern Warfare.

It’s too late and unless people get utterly fed up of Modern Warfare ridiculous updates sizes and bugs its going to have to be significantly different to in both game style and economy to make any in roads. But this is Ubisoft of course, there will be a Battlepass, premium currency, overpriced pointless skins, charms, emotes blah blah blah...because of course there will.

Caporegime
it's starting to feel like the only genres that get made these days are the ones that have a heavy on-line presence that can be massively monetised.

why don't we come up with a new genre "massively monetised online game" I would love it soo much if that's what all the "influencers" etc started referring to these games as.

they aren't even primarily games really it's like let's create a business model to fleece customers and then build a game around it.
but the game has to be almost identical to whatever game is making the most money because we have to follow the formula.

Associate
OP
The art style is just terrible, I mean it's nice people try to do something different but it's just not fun to play.
Will give a thumbs up to the "crown" at the end of a round, a neat way to get a game over with, rather than hunting the last rat/waiting for the circle aka Apex.

Falling sectors rather than a ring is cool too, but it's just not enough.

6/10 from me, needed so much more to pull people away from the Apex/Fortnite, back to Kings Canyon I go.

Back
Top Bottom