** HYPER X CLOUD **

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
mine are out for delivery today :) £49.99 delivered.

and this shouldn't have happened. The CS team have been informed not to do it again.

after being informed that it was not possible in this thread, you still tried it on in the CS section.

shame on you tbh.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
Can't really blame him for trying, doesn't make much sense to the customer if they got free shipping on everything they ordered from OcUK for like 5 years or whatever, but then suddenly they need to pay postage now.

I manned up and paid my postage anyway, but yeah I don't really understand why you can't get free shipping on this offer, when you can on practically every other sale price on the website?

It seems like quite a few people chose not to purchase the headset after discovering their free shipping from forums didn't work with it, because they assumed it would be £49.99 for the headset in total.

Postage + VAT on postage takes it up to >£55.

I decided headset would be worth it anyway without free shipping, but the title is a bit confusing / misleading if the customer assumes they are going to get their usual free postage (which most forum users will).

- Shake

ok

let me try and explain this so you know why we do it this way.

when a manufacturer supports a deal like this, they put some money into it which allows us to sell at a lower price.

what happens is that we take the stock at a lower price through something called a 'sales out allowance' or soa.

The way an soa works is that for every unit sold, we have to report with proof of sales to the vendor who then credit us a fund per unit sold that offsets the loss we make per product and ties up the bottom line at the end of the month to show a profit.

in order for us to hit the price point of 49.99, we are selling at very close to our theoretical cost. theoretical cost is our current cost with the value of the soa taken into account.

in short, this means that until we have a confirmed order, we cant claim that manufacturer money back and we sell at pretty much our cost.

The reason we have voucher codes is because whilst we do have a significant number of customers using the forums who qualify for free shipping, there are a lot more customers who don't have free shipping.

to these customers, a discount of £15 off RRP is more significant than a free shipping code and in honesty, it still provides forum members with a discount better than free shipping anyway.

essentially, a discount code like this appeals to all, rather than just being a forum specific marketing activity.

In this instance, when free shipping is applied, and we sell at close to cost, even with the SOA accounted for, it means we make a loss.

the other problem with stuff like this is that the pricing is sensitive and will cause issues for the manufacturer with other resellers.

if an OcUK competitor saw this thread and complained to hyper X that OcUK were selling at a discounted rate as well as offering free shipping, then hyper x will simply not do these sort of offers or promotions any more.

put simply, you cant have your cake and eat it. This is a superb offer and a decent discount.
people pulling stunts like this goes against the spirit of the offer and is purely a selfish move. especially after being told in this very thread it was not possible.

Misleading title.

the price is 49.99 though. it doesnt mention delivery costs because they are not factored into the cost.

I have explained the reasoning why this is the case.

Need to work on these deals etc this one was really buggy. I got free delivery on mine, but it did go through as 64.99 despite adding discount, had to get difference refunded. Just a hassle all in all. Phones are great though.

you arent supposed to get free delivery on the deal though. its not buggy, the cart software is designed to allow either free shipping or voucher discount.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
So

I have managed to get this deal extended one last time.

basically, we screwed up the pricing on our flyers for the Multiplay Insomnia event we are exhibiting at this weekend.

rather than reprint, HyperX are supporting the price over the event.

This does mean that Insomnia attendees can order it for delivery to your desk. [free shipping]

This is absolutely the last extension of this deal as I have pretty much exhausted all of my excuses for continuing the deal :p

it will end 24/11/14.

then I cant do it again.

Back
Top Bottom