I bought a coach!

Man of Honour
Think I would rather a full home theatre, memory foam superking bed blah blah than 3 classic minis ;)

Are you not going to have room for any cars at all?

If not, then may I ask, what are you intending to do with this coach once it is finished? The expense is significant so I'd imagine you have plans.

The reason I ask is that we spend as much time as possible touring and on road trips and at the places we like to go (Mountains, etc) we invariably encounter a lot of camper vans. Even the small van based ones end up being quite a nuisance and finding it quite difficult to access the more interesting places you may want to go - medieval cities, mountain passes, that sort of thing. So we often end up trying to work out why people bother with a camper van rather than a caravan they can detach and use the car for exploring with or, better still, a hire car and hotels - of which you can buy a heck of a lot for £60k!

So what are your plans? I'd have thought this thing only makes sense if it can accommodate a small car, so you can use it for travelling distances on major trunk roads and then use the car for exploring the good bits of wherever it is you go.

Soldato

If not, then may I ask, what are you intending to do with this coach once it is finished? The expense is significant so I'd imagine you have plans.

The reason I ask is that we spend as much time as possible touring and on road trips and at the places we like to go (Mountains, etc) we invariably encounter a lot of camper vans. Even the small van based ones end up being quite a nuisance and finding it quite difficult to access the more interesting places you may want to go - medieval cities, mountain passes, that sort of thing. So we often end up trying to work out why people bother with a camper van rather than a caravan they can detach and use the car for exploring with or, better still, a hire car and hotels - of which you can buy a heck of a lot for £60k!

So what are your plans? I'd have thought this thing only makes sense if it can accommodate a small car, so you can use it for travelling distances on major trunk roads and then use the car for exploring the good bits of wherever it is you go.
I've seen massive campers towing a car like a smart or other small car, guess that could be done or can coaches not tow things?

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Guys he already covered that, it has a tow bar and will tow a car :p

Quite a cool idea IMO, i know it is massive but combined with a car for local trips, effectively with the vehicle this size you have your own mobile hotel with how good you could make it.

Soldato
OP

I will have a motorcycle onboard or tow a Smart Car (yes it has a towbar). Underneath isn't an option without significantly rebuilding the structure as the space frame underneath is part of the body structure.

This isn't to camp in, this will be liveable. When I give up work I want to live on the road, a camper van or RV just doesn't cut it and I have spent a good chunk of my life travelling and living in Hotels and they are greatly overrated, can't even have my cat with me :p

Last edited:
Soldato
As a previous camper van owner I look forward to seeing how you will park it up on a camping site ( if you can find one to let you in) and then decide you need to go shopping to Morrisons 10 miles away

Soldato
OP
As a previous camper van owner I look forward to seeing how you will park it up on a camping site ( if you can find one to let you in) and then decide you need to go shopping to Morrisons 10 miles away

Well I guess that's more fun than actually reading the thread and the post right above... :rolleyes:

Caporegime
have you actually been reading?

The posts literally above yours are talking about how it will have another vehicle stored aboard or towed behind it lol.

Soldato
This is so cool. And being able to just roll a motorbike out the back side and potter off up the road is awesome. I am genuinely excited to see how this progresses :)

Back
Top Bottom