I cannot find any decent VR games!?

Associate
Ok so I'm looking for an action shooter game.

On the Rift.

I do not get sick from VR, so I do not want any teleporting games.
I hate teleporting games and it completely takes me out of the zone.

I want a game that I can use my touch controllers, I do not want a game that uses a mouse and keyboard or an Xbox controller, the rift controllers are far more comfortable!

I do not want a 3rd person game in vr.

I have steam, and the oculus software, I also have 3 sensors if that matters.

Robo recall would be perfect if it didn't use teleporting!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I heard the doom VR mod isn't very good and buggy?

Locomotion mod for robo recall sounds cool how do I get hold of that?

Arizona sunshine has teleporting for movement which spoils it I think

I will check out onward that looks cool!

Soldato
I believe Arizona Sunshine has been updated with full loco.
Also there's the VR FTL style game 'From Other Suns'- that has full locomotion. It's not out yet, but is releasing soon.

Soldato
I do tend to find that with teleporting games I tend to make use of cover more than when I'm doing full loco. I like using full loco for exploring, but combat in VR seems more immersive when hiding behind cover and popping out to shoot instead of strafing using a stick and shooting.

Associate
•Onward (realistic 1 life per round, coming to Oculus Home store next month too)
•Pavlov VR (fast pace counter strike esq game, only £6.99)
•Bullets and More (barely a player base for some stupid reason, but it’s great with bots and there a lot of content, my personal favourite, free demo too)
•RoboRecall free locomotion mod
•From other sons, out soon (if coop is your thing)
•ZeroKilled, out soon (used to be called special forces VR, and features crossplay with PSVR so there should be a large player base)
•Until non Remain, out soon (a last man standing, Battle Royale game, it’s in closed beta at the moment, looks promising)
•Dead and Buried, no locamotion at all, you spawn in a single spot and use your body and the cover available

Last edited:
Permabanned
Robo Recall, Doom 3 BFG, Half Life, Quake2, Alien Isolation(okay its not a shooter), Dead Effect 2 VR, Raw Data and Battlezone are my picks so far.

Soldato
Also to add, current VR tech is at its best in driving and flying games, I thoroughly recommend trying Assetto Corsa/Pcars (driving) and War Thunder/IL2 Sturmovik/DCS (flying). Ellite Dangerous too. Even if you are not into these genres, the immersion is so good you'll enjoy it regardless.

Associate
Another full loco vr shooter is killing floor: incursion. Co op too. On the short side at the moment, but the devs have promised more free content. Starting with a horde mode in the next update.
So overall arizona sunshine is better value, out longer to have more added eg full loco. But i prefer the killing floor experience.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the info on the games!arizona sunshine looks really good now it has full loco!

Has anyone here used VorpX? How does it run with the rift touch controllers in games?

Associate
Hi,

Good News Here. Sniper Rust VR new game for VR Lovers. Releasing Soon.
Sniper Rust VR is a hardcore, first-person sniping experience set across an action-packed campaign.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 2 GB available space

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel Core i7-4720HQ 2.6GHz
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 2 GB available space

Thanks.

Associate
I do tend to find that with teleporting games I tend to make use of cover more than when I'm doing full loco. I like using full loco for exploring, but combat in VR seems more immersive when hiding behind cover and popping out to shoot instead of strafing using a stick and shooting.

I'm with this. I preferred smooth locomotion to begin with, but more time with teleport (basically made to use it by some games not supporting full loco) I actually find that more immersive for fighting. The smooth movement during a gun fight doesn't feel natural to me, although awesome because in vr. But teleporting to spots where i can use cover etc feels eerily real to me at times.
So in the end. For me personally, i had to learn how to use teleport effectively and now like to use it when in a gun fight and use smooth loco for exploring.

Soldato
I loved alien isolation when it first came out and having just got a Vive it was the first game I went to.

It's amazing to pay in it vr but I'm having a hard time interacting with the computers they make me feel sick instantly. Also it's hard to see the messages on screen as they are far too small and blurry.

Are they any fixes for these problems?

I'm blow away at how good it looks but I might have to knock it on the head if I can't fix these problems.

Permabanned
I loved alien isolation when it first came out and having just got a Vive it was the first game I went to.

It's amazing to pay in it vr but I'm having a hard time interacting with the computers they make me feel sick instantly. Also it's hard to see the messages on screen as they are far too small and blurry.

Are they any fixes for these problems?

I'm blow away at how good it looks but I might have to knock it on the head if I can't fix these problems.

Using a Rift with a 1080Ti, I have super sampling set at 2. You could try the Vive equivalent as I don't remember any issues with the text.

Soldato
Ha, trouble is I'm on a 7950. Surprised it's running at all :)

Where would I find the settings for super sampling on the Vive? Take it it's not in the game settings?

Also does the game display on your monitor as you played? Mine doesn't I just get a black screen on my monitor. Again I'm guessing due to under powered gpu.

Back
Top Bottom