I can't understand the idiocy of my father

Soldato
My dad likes hifi. He spends loads of money on hifi.
The next thing that he buys is always going to make a huge difference to his hifi system. Then, a few months later he's looking at another item to improve his hifi. I dispair. Interconnect leads costing £500! Power cables costing £1000! It's completely insane. I can't tell the difference.

Soldato
OP
He will justify it by teling me some technical info he read from a hifi magazine. Like it uses "nasa technology". Yeah, well so do teflon frying pans.

Soldato
OP
Perhaps your father has a certain 'image' in his head when he buys what he has bought.
Right, but i'm probably the same.

I'll try to let him be.

Only thing in his favour is that the equipment doesn't depreciate, so he can get 80-90% of his money back if he wants to sell. Unlike my pc which has zero value after 4 years.

Soldato
OP
Would you prefer you dad MAX up his 10 year old car, race in the car parks at night and hang with younger guys so as to appear cool?

Yeah, i'm trying to pursade him to get a Subaru impreza wrx or a Skoda Octavia vRS. ;)

Soldato
OP
Stop having a dig at your old man, he can afford it, he enjoys it. it makes him happy. You should understand this you are a PC enuthiast. HE could be having a midlife crisis?

I will just forget about it. But its hard when he comes to tell me about the specs of new hifi equipment or the new records he's bought.

Back
Top Bottom