I don't beleive it. my bloody head gasket has gone now!

Associate
Yup, looked in the water the other day and it had oil floating around the top of it. I noticed the engine getting really hot as well. This is only a week after it got broken in to and some little chav caused 200 quids worth of damage to the door.

I am selling the car without question, do i tell them about the head gasket or just do a sold as seen and hope they dont notice? It would be about 200 quid to fix and I would sell the car at about 500 quid (S reg 1.1 saxo, 100,000 miles)

Permabanned
KevMarks said:
do i tell them about the head gasket or just do a sold as seen and hope they dont notice?

Don't be an ass. Either fix the head gasket and sell it, or sell the car for scrap.

Some people will still buy the car if the head gasket has gone, for spares, project car etc.

Hoping they won't notice is a bit daft, you said it overheats. What will happen on the test drive?

Soldato
Yep, trying to sell it without letting on would be deplorable. I feel for you but that's no reason to try to palm it off onto someone else.

Soldato
Been keeping an eye on that website but no sign of any ring taxi tickets. Am wondering whether the site is actually alive tbh :(

Soldato
There was some weird guy in the fuel station tonight parked right on the air machine messing about with his Citroen ZX, when I asked if he was going to be long because I wanted to check my tyres he told me he was trying to flush the oil out of his water. lol.

Associate
Just a bog standard 820i, Dec 1996 reg.
yatjkx.jpg

Associate
OP
well it is going to get put back where it came from. The car auction! Sold as seen and if it makes enough to buy me a car alarm for my new motor I will be happy. Hopefully some mechanics will be in and spot it to fix up. Knowing my luck it will go for 50 quid lol

The citroen saxo is a awfull car to be honest. I can't see why anybody would buy one now. Fancy doing a swap for that rover?

Soldato
Yep I'd sell it, I sold a Citroen AX with a failed head gasket for more than I paid for it after years of abuse.

Alluminium engine with HGF failure = continued and repeating pain in the butt in my opinion.

Associate
OP
Are they ok to drive around with the head gasket knacked? I am leaving it parked at the moment and a friend is driving me to work and back.

Back
Top Bottom