I found an auto at last

Soldato
You may remember I previously asked about C-class Mercs as I was desperate for an automatic car.

Well I finally found one and I am pleased to say I didn't get the Merc.

I ended up with a 2002 Mazda 626 GXI with 35K on it. 1 owner full history and it is immaculate. I have paid £3800 for it and new MOT on it.

Not exactly an exciting car but its excellently equiped and very comfortable.

Pick it up next Saturday

Soldato
Sounds like a good deal :)

Glad to see you've got something you wanted - if you like it and it fulfills your needs, don't let anybody tell you any different!

Man of Honour
Sounds a bit daft really, one of the last 626's ever made before they finally canned it and replaced it with something half decent, but you've paid a premium becuase it was a late model.

You could have bought a 98/99/00 model for half the price and it would have been the same car..

On the plus side, at least £3800 isn't bad for a 2002.

Soldato
OP
I bought it because it was in excellent condition with fair mileage. All ive seen over the last week is tatty X or Y reg cars with 80k+ on them.

I know its the end of that range but its a 4 year old car as opposed to an 8 year old car. To be honest you can say buy an older one cheaper for any car purchase.

Man of Honour
Third Opinion said:
To be honest you can say buy an older one cheaper for any car purchase.

And for discontinued model where both year cars are identical in specification and looks, its a pretty sensible thing to do. It's a Japanese car, it is unlikely to be any less reliable.

Caporegime
Tbh 3800 for a 2002 car aint bad going, nowt that wrong with the 626 really, its a strong car and will last a while, granted its not the best looker / performer but hey everyone has diff buying criteria at the end of the day.

Soldato
OP
Of course what is available at the time is important.

You can bet now I have bought it hundreds of low mileage autos will now come available. Luck of the draw and as I really only want it to get from A-B, it should fill the job perfectly.

Other options were:

W Reg Primera
2001 C5
Renault Laguna in very tatty condition.

Back
Top Bottom