I got the job :-)

Soldato
An agency contacted me a few weeks back about a job that I matched the criteria for - Corporate Travel Consultant. The job is in a small office and it's not a call centre.... woohoo lol. I currently work in a call centre and the staff get treated like ****. The agency found my C.V. on Monster. Well I went for an interview last week and felt really positive about how it went (probably the only ever time I've felt like this). Well, I got feedback later that day to say that I was really confident in answering the questions and I came across as a really like-able chap ;)

I got invited for a second interview which I went to yesterday. It was with the Managing Director. I felt really positive throughout the interview and walked out with a big smile on my face. I remember asking in the interview if there were any questions I had so I asked if many people were in the same position I was (2nd interview), the reply was 'Wouldn't I like to know' with a chuckle from the Managing Director. I just laughed as I found this quite funny. The Managing Director then said that I had some competition which I smiled at.

They advised that I would hear about the job by next Tuesday but when I arrived into work this morning, there was an email telling me the good news. I nearly fell off my seat. The job is perfect, more money, less travel which means a reduction in travel costs and better hours (9-5pm instead of what I work atm - 8-5pm).
I start in a few weeks.

The agency found my C.V. but they get paid when I got the job so the contract has been posted to me from the actual company, once I sign it and return it, I'm employed by the company and not the agency.

I'm over the moon and thought I would share :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Awesome. :)

I bet your current employer will be like "jesus.jpg !111" when you resign. :D

Good news mate. What will you be doing exactly?

Well I'm off now until Tuesday but when I go back I'll be handing my notice in. I'll be booking trips (flights, hotels etc.) for companies ie. Universities for Professor's who attend conferences and all that. I'll be doing invoicing and stuff as well. It's not a call centre so I'm over the mood lol. It's sounds quite standard/boring on paper however, it's really good imo.

Soldato
OP
Congrats on the job mate - you sound buzzed.

How much does a joob like that pay (if you don't mind me askin)

I'm currently on £14,000 but the new job is £16,000 starting salary (yup, salary instead of per hour which I'm on at the min).

I know that £16,000 won't sound much to people based in England especially London but it's good news for me :)

Back
Top Bottom