I guess this is a fault then?

Associate
http://www.hullcityafc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Home/0,,10338,00.html

When I click the above link the right hand side is noticably darker than the left. Unless I move my seating position to be a foot or so to the left of the monitor, some 2 feet off-centre (Dell 2407).

Would this best be termed a brightness, contrast or some other error.

And yes, I know that you won't see the problem on your monitor, but I included the link so you can see what I'm referring to.

Associate
your monitor is a 2407? The viewing angles are pretty good on the 2407, you shouldnt notice much difference moving your head/position around.

Associate
Could also be a problem with the CCFL back light ?

Use an image editor ( even Paint will do ) to get white, grey, black, red, green, blue over the whole screen and see if you can see the pattern repeat.

Associate
OP
Humate said:
your monitor is a 2407? The viewing angles are pretty good on the 2407, you shouldnt notice much difference moving your head/position around.

I'm only sitting a couple of feet away from the monitor, but the colours change noticably with very little head movement. I guess I'll have to return it. :(

Associate
OP
MetA said:
Could also be a problem with the CCFL back light ?

Use an image editor ( even Paint will do ) to get white, grey, black, red, green, blue over the whole screen and see if you can see the pattern repeat.

It's more noticable on blues and reds, but it's certainly there on the others too.

Back
Top Bottom