I hate doing anything in the cold.

Soldato
I have a shed in garden 12ft from rear of house -I also have a slatted door to log store on side of said shed - In those slats is a PIR sensor to turn on light at front and rear of shed.
Today wife said the light at back of shed didn't come on last night so I waved my arms around but it didn't come on - Is the front one on "Yes".
Have you noticed in past that when you trigger the light from front of shed did both lights come on "Yes" - so why did you jump up and down behind the shed "to get light on" ???
So today I had to get my stool out and screwdrivers in freezing cold and wind and change the bulb.
A real 60w bayonet bulb you can grab .
I hate the cold and the fact my wife is -how can I put it -Dim. So much for 8 O levels GCE and 3 A levels.
None of them in media studies or how to put make up on.
The only practical thing my wife is good at is spending money and bumping cars.:mad:

Soldato
your post makes no sense.

you waved your arms and it didn't come on, today you are replacing a bulb and this somehow makes your wife "dim"

I am confused.

Soldato
OP
I have a shed in garden 12ft from rear of house -I also have a slatted door to log store on side of said shed - In those slats is a PIR sensor to turn on light at front and rear of shed.
Today wife said the light at back of shed didn't come on last night so I waved my arms around but it didn't come on - Is the front one on "Yes".
Have you noticed in past that when you trigger the light from front of shed did both lights come on "Yes" - so why did you jump up and down behind the shed "to get light on" ???
So today I had to get my stool out and screwdrivers in freezing cold and wind and change the bulb.
A real 60w bayonet bulb you can grab .
I hate the cold and the fact my wife is -how can I put it -Dim. So much for 8 O levels GCE and 3 A levels.
None of them in media studies or how to put make up on.
The only practical thing my wife is good at is spending money and bumping cars.:mad:

There is only one PIR which is at front of shed -There isn't one at rear - The one PIR turns on both lights -one at front and one at the back - It is no good waving your arm at back of shed if PIR is at the front - This has been in place for 11 yrs,
The rear light didn't come on because the bulb had gone - when I relplaced the bulb both light came on when it was activated by the front PIR.
it's no good waving your arms if there isn't a PIR there

Sorry for any confusion.

Soldato
Haha I love how this started as hating the cold, moved onto PIR issues and then a rant about how thick his wife is.

Respect sir for saying it how it is :D

Soldato
OP
:D:D:D
Being married for 47 years hasn't been an easy ride but we are still together - I think a lot of people are way to serious and never see the tounge in cheek bit's - I hope those who replied and are married get 47 year of marrage. :)

Man of Honour
I've been with my wife 47 years also, 6 years courting and 41 years married and it has been an easy ride because I'm so under the thumb.
I also don't mind working in the cold, made some guitar stands yesterday.

Soldato
OP
I used to work out side -did it for 35 yrs - wet- cold -snow -heat and anything else -never used to bother me but now i am skin and bone I feel it.
I was even out on old A5 just outside of Wellington when it snowed beer cans - Beer lorry went past dropping full cans onto the road. Being good citizens mate and myself cleared them all up. It was snowing that day.

Soldato
Try window cleaning the old fashioned way and in the winter, handling chilled ladders with cold wet hands that have near on stopped working and pinch like hell all day.

We were so fast in the end that we could do a bungalow in afew minutes, couldnt wait to get back into the van with the heating on lol.

Soldato
Im with the OP.

I hate doing things outside in this weather is bleak. I dont mind doing servicing, brakes etc on the cars, but I'll do that in the summer, it anoys me when things break in the winter and need fixing, depending on what it is, I'll more likely take it to a garage in teh winter than try and figure it out myself because the thought of a freezing, wet dirty car to work on just doesnt appeal.

Associate
yeap think the old saying is my blood is chip shop vinegar:) never used to feel the weather but nowadays if i cant do something in the house it doesnt get done. was going to add yesterday i knew how the op was feeling , i was up a ladder in the cold fitting a alarm box and the heavens opened grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Soldato
OP isn't the only one. If I'd put a PIR at the front, my mrs would go around to the back as well. If I'd put PIR at the back she'd go to the front.

It's purely to annoy us.

There is a trick to this. Whatever the issue, say the opposite. If my favourite crisps are bbq, say you don't like them. I guarantee, a hundred bags of bbq crisps will show up. FACT!

Associate
grats on your 47 im lagging behind 40 a week saturday ....blimey i could have killed the whole family and been out by now :)

Back
Top Bottom