I have Corsair K70, need something quieter

Associate
Hi

I have a Corsair K70 with Cherry Mx brown switches for home use and I use the O-rings to dampen the sound a little. I love this keyboard and would like to take it to the office but it's quite large and slightly too noisy.

I'm thinking of getting the Ducky DK2087S TKL Zero Shine Blue LED Mechanical Keyboard Red Cherry MX Switch as it is smaller and has the MX red switches which are quieter, especially if I fit some O-rings. Has anyone done this and know how quiet it is? Would it be acceptable in a shared office environment?

What's the quality like of Ducky compared to Corsair?

Thanks

EDIT: I'm wondering if I should go for the MX Blacks for typing in an office environment?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
reds are pretty noisy tbh. i'm using a set of reds now, albeit without o-rings fitted.
it also depends on how much force you use.
if you whack your keys and constantly bottom them out, then reds are gonna be hella noisy.

you may wanna go with blacks instead.

Associate
When I went from a membrane keyboard to my K70 I was typing much louder than I am now, Guess I don't put a lot of force on the keys now as they go down so easily.

Associate
Same color switches should be the same volume regardless of keyboard used really, or very close. Fit the O-rings, they helped on mine a lot.. well, I had them by default, but tested some keys without. Horrible noise.

Or switch key type to red and try with that.

Associate
OP
So I received the Ducky DK2087S model today. No manual with it, and the website is shockingly bad. The F1 and F5 keys are permanently lit up. I worked out that Fn+1 to Fn+8 turns the keyboard LEDs on, but when I do that the F2 F3 F6 F7 F10 F12 and ScrLk keys do not light up and F1 and F5 remains brighter than all the others.

Is there a fault here or just a dumb user? ;)

Back
Top Bottom