I have failed...

Associate
Okay, so I want to go to college next year to study an I.T course level 3... You need 4 GCSE's at c or above inc English.. I failed my English GCSE and will not succeed this year.. Will my distinction* in the level 2 I.T course help me get into the college course next year? Does anyone know? Personal experience..? Thanks. Sorry if this is the wrong section.

TS7

TS7

Soldato
I'm not entirely sure, however I believe some colleges may allow you to start the first year of the course so long as you do your English GCSE alongside it. However if you do not attain a Grade C or above then they will not allow you to progress on to the second year.

My work currently involves reading a lot of reports some of which are school ones which is the only reason I know of the above. So apologies if this does not apply to you or the course you want to do.

Soldato
i managed to get into a college course which wanted english, math science at c or above, i had the science and was retaking the english and math anyway. the requirements stated that they were preferred levels so i managed to argue the point that were weren't needed and that i was retaking them anyway.

get onto a night class asap to retake those GCSE qualifications as you will find it harder to get any job without them.

Associate
Okay, so I want to go to college next year to study an I.T course level 3... You need 4 GCSE's at c or above inc English.. I failed my English GCSE and will not succeed this year.. Will my distinction* in the level 2 I.T course help me get into the college course next year? Does anyone know? Personal experience..? Thanks. Sorry if this is the wrong section.

I failed English too (E)
Whilst doing my level 2, they did "key skills communication" with me which is a GCSE pass equivalent. Ask them about that

Associate
OP
I failed English too (E)
Whilst doing my level 2, they did "key skills communication" with me which is a GCSE pass equivalent. Ask them about that

Ahh okay, and as it will be a quicker response with you, is it coursework/exam like the gcse, or is it something 'easier' for the likes of me.

Permabanned
Ahh okay, and as it will be a quicker response with you, is it coursework/exam like the gcse, or is it something 'easier' for the likes of me.

Not many colleges do Keyskills anymore, it was compulsory under the government for those who didn't have their GCSEs but were in college. The two places I've been to college (Oxford and Kingston) have said you must do your GCSEs (English and Maths) during a Level 2 or 3 if you do not have them.

I haven't got an english GCSE as what they teach you is a load of crap.

Back
Top Bottom