I have learned my lesson. Don't trust Ubisoft and do all admin yourself.

Permabanned
Long story short,I changed email address and service and forgot about Uplay, I was using a private email which was a temporary measure due to having my prior email address hacked twice by two separate IP's (Google are kind enough to release the IP).

However to my absolute naivety I thought I could log in just fine as I had been playing As Creed Unity through Steam.

I decided to login to the Uplay app separate to Steam but Uplay asked me to confirm my email and only sent confirmations to my now closed private email.

I tried in a web browser too.. no luck.
I tried to do this in game using the Uplay overlay... no luck yet there I was logged in somehow when I launch a game through Steam.

I tried to contact Ubisoft but the chat service is always down for me.
I tried over a few days and gave up.

I have since abandoned my previous Uplay account and created a new one under my now new email address and removed every game on Steam that requires Uplay.

Far Cry New Dawn.
Far Cry 5.
As Creed Unity.
As Creed Origins.

I bought a new PSU (MSI A850GF 850w 80 plus Gold and a Corsair 4000D.
The only reason I have re-bought these games cheap is because I get As Creed Valhalla + DLC for free with my MSI PSU purchase.

Please for anyone's sanity, remember to also change your Uplay email address if you switch.

Soldato
I had exactly the same issue and lost a few games.
I am currently having to deal with the woeful customer service about a game I purchased not becoming available to download even though I have shown them a screenshot of the BT payment it is still taking an absolute age to resolve, what chat never had that work for me?
Will never buy directly from Ubisoft again as this is not the first issue I have had.

Last edited:
Associate
Must be just me who's had a good outcome from Ubisoft.

My old email address expired and could no longer remember my password.

Opened up a live chat and after confirming my payment options and when the games were purchased transferred the account to a new email address in less than a day.

Origin though took weeks to resolve multiple emails and proof of purchases, even emailed them my old activation codes.

Associate
I just avoid Origin and Uplay :)

This 'must register' or always online/DRM stuff is just rubbish i agree. I find i always just move onto the next game to view when browsing Steam for what game i might want to buy. I've yet to come across a must play game for me that has forced me to register. I might pick up C&C remaster at some point, but how long has that been out now!

Soldato
This 'must register' or always online/DRM stuff is just rubbish i agree. I find i always just move onto the next game to view when browsing Steam for what game i might want to buy. I've yet to come across a must play game for me that has forced me to register. I might pick up C&C remaster at some point, but how long has that been out now!

I've never understood this outlook You say you don't like having to register for an account, but you're happy to register a Steam account? What's the difference betwixt that and having a Ubisoft or Origin account?

Permabanned
OP
Folks, I made a mistake, it's just that in recovering it is very hard to do as it as seemingly impossible for me to get in contact with Ubi.
This may well be different for other people.

I would rather not stress over it and just simply executed a simple fix, abandon it and start again, I barely lost much as the games were cheap.

Soldato
I actually had a similar case while back with them, could no longer access my previous email and rememeber it was pretty straightforward when I got hold of someone on live chat, maybe keep trying?

Associate
I've never understood this outlook You say you don't like having to register for an account, but you're happy to register a Steam account? What's the difference betwixt that and having a Ubisoft or Origin account?

I don't know the differences and requirements. Register this, download launcher, download patch, dlc, etc. If a game looks to need X thing to work, i'll just move onto the next game when browsing unless it's something i must play, which these days is nothing so far sadly. If a developer put out a game i must play, sure i'll jump through the hoops. My backlog of want to plays has a lot of old titles still, no registering, no launchers, no big patches, just need to tweak controls and settings which i like doing. Mods tend to work well too with older titles.

Associate
Much like some others here i've found ubisoft support to be good. I own the entire game catalogue on my ubisoft account and lost access during a switch of isp's last year much like OP as I had overlooked it and lost that email during the switch.
Contacted ubisoft support via email, back and forthed a few emails and once they asked some security questions I had access to the account again on my new email address.

EA have been good to me too in terms of issues like this, they managed to merge 2 seperate origin accounts for me without issue.

Steam on the other hand I have found over the years to have terrible customer support when you have an issue in comparison, I prefer their client however over uplay and origin.

Soldato
I generally dont get on with launchers other than Steam - E.g. Uplay, Origin, Ubisoft, Epic. The only one I use (almost daily) is Battle.net for Warzone / Call of duty modern Warfare.

I've just had a purge and got rig of Origin, Ubisoft and a load of Steam games I havent played for ages. 500GB of NVME SSD recovered. Both Origin and Ubisoft wanted me to login to even uninstall them :mad:

Soldato
I have a secure spreadsheet with all my logins.
However....
2 Step Verification via app, is another matter.

I bought a new iPad and transferred over my old one. However, Google Authenticator did not copy across the settings so I had to recover it by setting it up again. The issue was I had not kept all the recovery codes and dealing with Ubisoft and Rockstar was a nightmare. I had to get them to remove 2SV and reapply it.
So make sure you save them codes as well.

Back
Top Bottom