I just watched the fox "reimagining" of the Rocky Horror Picture Show

Soldato
Allow me to regale you with a "highlight".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5_mxUuj_jw
So bad, so, so, so baaad. To be fair though it would be difficult for anyone to come anywhere near close to Tim's performance. It does seem an odd choice to have a woman (trans or otherwise) playing Frank. Not that it makes much difference, the whole thing was a pretty poor imitation on the whole.

Permabanned
Even if it had ended up good it would have been so unnecessary. It's not like there's anything about it that benefits from a modern remake, shows like BSG are understandable but this not so much.

Soldato
How can anyone not have seen the original

More to the point, and even more worrying, is that people are claiming to have never even heard of it, let alone watched it. :eek:

Me, I have horrible memories of trying to find size 10 stilettos and even worse memories of trying to walk in the damn things when we went to see the stage show.

Soldato
never got this at all. utter crap w/ a couple of half-decent songs bigged-up by people who thought they were being outrageous/outrageoulsy funny at the time.

Man of Honour
Me, I have horrible memories of trying to find size 10 stilettos and even worse memories of trying to walk in the damn things when we went to see the stage show.

I needed to get some new heels in size 12. Thought it'd be hard. Remembered that i'm 30 minutes from London. Spent 10 minutes in Soho and had a pair of lovely stilettos and a couple of other things... ;)

Man of Honour
:eek: Oh dear....

It's a bit of a mash between the stage and film versions... but significantly worse than both. It's been made for network tv in America and broadcast at 8pm, which perfectly explains some of the censorship in it "A mental mind game can be nice".

Some of the lines really needed to be changed for the cast they've chosen.
Laverne Cox - I'm not much of a man by the light of day.... errrr....
Doctor Von Scott... Ummm....

Some of the cast is frankly more cardboard than the original movie sets ever were, and many of them are basically doing bad impressions of the original movie cast and that doesn't help at all. If they did their own thing I think it may have come across better.

I don't think the people who approved and produced this understood what Rocky Horror was really about. The review on Vox.com covers it pretty much perfectly tbh.

Just watch the live show that's on Youtube. It's not only the proper stage show, but it's got Richard O'Brien taking part in it and possibly the best Frank since Tim Curry.

Back
Top Bottom